Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

High-End Favourites

I realized two things getting the products out for this post; one, I basically only spend money on base products, and two, I have an obsession with Bobbi Brown.

I think that nowadays, drugstore makeup and what I call kind-of-high-end have amazing quality products that won't break the bank (maybe a little). But every now and then I like to splash out on something I wouldn't normally buy. Clearly, I generally do that with foundations.

Bobbi Brown Foundations: Bobbi's are definitely some of my favourite foundations I've ever used and the three I'm featuring here are all very different. The Intensive Skin Serum Foundation is a skincare-foundation hybrid and makes my skin look beautiful but makeup free (And has SPF 40!). The Skin Foundation is a dewy-velvety finish that I find perfects my skin while still looking natural. The Skin Stick Foundation was one that I didn't fall in love with right away (it's pretty much a cult favourite), but I've found it's perfect for concealing or adding extra coverage when using something very lightweight. I'm fairly certain they've updated this formula and it seems much more blendable. I also really love the Long Wear Even-Finish Foundation but haven't gotten around to repurchasing. I'm also including the Creamy Concealer, which I absolutely adore for under my eyes. It can get quite cakey if you're not careful, but using a small amount with a beauty blender ensures perfectly bright under-eyes.

Bobbi Brown Skincare: I know I literally just did a post on this, but the Vitamin Enriched Face Base is the greatest thing ever and I am obsessed with it, link to the post here.

Chanel Foundation: I've been using the Chanel Perfection Lumiรจre Velvet for quite some time (post here), and it's still one of my absolute favourites. I particularly like mixing it as this shade is quite pink on me. Mixing it with the Milani 2-in-1 foundation makes my skin look more perfect than you could ever imagine.

TheBalm Highlighter: If you've never tried theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer, then you've never truly highlighted. This stuff is legitimate magic that makes your skin look like heaven is always shining down on your angel face. There's a post about this here. I also bought it on my favourite trip to New York with my best friend, so it's very near and dear to me (and it's been in about 20 favourites posts).

NARS Eyeshadows: Almost two years ago I raved about the NARS Kalahari Eyeshadow Duo here, and I'm still obsessed with it. I definitely need to pick up more NARS shadows because the formula is beautiful. These colours in particular are wonderful for doing a quick, everyday look or incorporating into something more dramatic.

Marc Jacobs Eyeliner: I've never talked about this on the blog before because I very very rarely wear eyeliner, but when I do this Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon is perfection. It's crazy pigmented and long wearing, especially considering that I use it in the waterline. I want to try a bronzey or gold shade out!

Anastasia Brows: I don't know if I'd really consider Anastasia "high-end", perhaps on the non-designer side of high end as it's not exactly cheap. Anywho, they know brows. And you know that I'm obsessed with brows. And the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade which I've talked about four million times here so I'll stop waffling on now.

MAC Lipliners: MAC is another brand that isn't really designer but it's expensive, so whatever. Their Lip Pencils are gold. I never ever buy them from the counter, always from the CCS but they are some of the most pigmented, creamy, long-wearing liners I own. I very rarely buy expensive lip products because they never seem to be worth the price, but I love these (post here).

Glossier:  I was debating whether or not to include Glossier in this post. Their products are also on that blurred line of almost-affordable but still out of reach. Their Balm Dot Com is literally the bomb dot com. I never thought I'd find myself spending $12 on a lip balm, but I've now bought three, oops. I talk more about them here.

What do you guys find yourselves splurging on? Let me know what I should get next!
x

Follow my blog with Bloglovin