Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Origins Face Masks

Hi loves! Long time no speak, but I'm back with a review of these tiny little Origins face masks that I got in a set at work (check your local CCS, super cheap!). I love Origins skincare products and am obsessed with the Original Skin mask, so I wanted to try out some others.

First is the GinZing Refreshing Face Mask, which I think has been discontinued now. But, if you have a CCS near you they should still stock it. This formula of mask is one that I'm not a huge fan of, I generally prefer clay masks. This is like a cooling gel-based mask which is super nice for the summer. It's supposed to be energizing and refreshing, but I didn't notice too much of a difference after using. It is a nice one to slap on when it's hot outside, but it's not a major winner for me.

Next I tried the Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. This is a creamy "mask" that is basically just a super intense moisturizer. It contains avocado oil and mango butters, among other ingredients, meaning it is seriously going to moisturize your skin. I really, really, really liked this one. When I woke up, I still felt like I had product on my face but I just cleansed like normal and my skin looked brilliant! I saw a noticeable difference in the plumpness of my skin and it overall looked brighter and more healthy.

The Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask has been raved about for years, so I was quite excited/nervous to try it out. I was surprised to find that it's not a super-thick, clay based mask; but instead a light-weight almost dry texture. Activated charcoal is meant to suck dirt out of your pores, and while it doesn't seem like it, the mask contains White China Clay that absorbs toxins. This sucker dries down and tightens up pretty quickly, so I only left it on for about 10 minutes. I was expecting my skin to be a bit dry since this is a clarifying mask, but it was actually really smooth and felt clean. This one I might have to get a full size in!

Last but not least is the Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask. This one is meant to help with oily skin and breakouts, so it's perfect for me in the summer. It contains zinc oxide and sulfur to help absorb oil and reduce redness. When I first started trying this mask, I had pretty oily skin and a few more breakouts than usual (wah). I was absolutely amazed by the results, when I took it off my skin looked calmed and radiant. I've used it every other day for a week and my breakouts are almost all gone! A lot of people complained about the smell, but I think it smells like Vick's VapoRub so I don't mind it, hehe. Definitely one I'll be buying the full size of!

Have you guys tried any Origins face masks? Which ones do you love?
x