Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

June Favourites

This month has been a minimal makeup month for me. Living in the south means soaring temperature and humidity and I honestly can't be bothered most days. I've also been having weird reactions any time I put on most eye makeup so I've been steering clear of that.

I've been trying to focus a lot on skin, as I often get quite clogged pores in the summer. I've been trialling a bunch of things as far as cleansers, but have found two moisture products that I love. I've been using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream for a while, but recently started using it regularly as a night cream. It's quite thick so not the best for using daily in this summer heat! But using it as a night cream I wake up with fresh, perfectly moisturized skin! This is one of those products that I think will stay in my skincare routine for a very, very long time. We got a bunch of samples of the Estée Lauder New Dimension Shape and Fill Serum at work so I, of course, snatched some and took them home with me. LET. ME. TELL. YOU. This crap is some kind of magic. I don't know about shaping or filling, but after using this for a few days this texture and tone of my skin had completely changed. I didn't wear any foundation for a few days and had several people ask me what I was wearing! I'm definitely going to get the full size once we stock it (it's quite expensive but check your local CCS!).

I decided to get a new shade of the ABH DipBrow. This has been a favourite of mine for several years (as you well know), but I've only ever used Chocolate. I switched to Medium Brown and I think It definitely matches me better and looks a LOT more natural. When I've been brave enough to go for eye makeup with this weird reaction-thing going on, I have swiped H&M Shiitake all over my lid. I have a review of these here. I haven't debuted any pictures on social media (you can see it in my sidebar), but I recently cut my lower-back-length hair up to my shoulders. I've been loving using the Bumble and Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish to add some volume. It's worth mentioning that I absolutely hated this when I had long hair. I've also found what I think is a drugstore dupe in the Garnier Texture Tease Spray.

Last month was all about my EyeBuyDirect frames (follow me on insta peeps! ameliaasays) but this month I went back to my Warby Parker Baker frames. I've had these for about six months now and they are just so comfortable to wear. They're the perfect shape for my face and don't hide my makeup as much as some of my other frames. I've also gone back to one of my older watches. I got a new gray strap for my Fossil Original Boyfriend Chronograph and I've been wearing it with absolutely everything.

What have you guys been loving this month?
x