Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Glossier: The Supers

Okay, let me start off by saying that I know I get really overdramatic when I really like a new product. But The Supers by Glossier might actually be bottled magic. These launched two weeks ago, and I stayed up until midnight like a wally to order them even though they weren’t being released until morning. Anyway, I jumped on them the second they launched. You can purchase all three as a set for $65, or separately for $28 which considering how expensive serums are nowadays (usually one for $60) is a steal. I obviously just had to get the set (for reviewing purposes, yes?), and have been pretty much in love since first use. The idea behind the Supers is that we’re more than just a “skin type” and that our skincare should reflect that. I don’t know about you guys, but my skin changes moods pretty much daily and I’m always having to use different products. So they’ve released Super Bounce, Super Pure, and Super Glow to combat your different skin needs!
Super Bounce is a concentration of hyaluronic acid and B5 vitamins to help rehydrate tight and thirsty skin. This one is a little thicker than the others in terms of consistency, and more milky in colour. Vitamin B5 restores elasticity in skin, and my beloved hyaluronic acid helps skin retain moisture. For a little science here, hyaluronic acid is like the OG humectant. It’s actually a natural element of skin, as in your body actually produces this stuff. Hyaluronic acid is amazing because one gram can hold up to SIX liters of water! Did I just blow your mind?

Super Glow is a concentration of vitamin C and magnesium to help with dull, tired skin. It’s a light, water-gel consistency and blends effortlessly into the skin. Vitamin C helps to brighten, and magnesium actually energizes the skin cells. Magnesium is another skin hero (Glossier really really did their research here, man). It’s the fourth most prevalent mineral found in cells and the third most abundant in sea water! It helps to restore cellular magnesium levels and is necessary for the enzymes that regulate repair of DNA (hello, anti-wrinkle!). Magnesium can also tackle skin allergies like eczema, because it’s often a sign of a magnesium deficiency. 

Super Pure is a concentration of niacinamide and zinc to help calm redness and breakouts. This one is also a super light-weight watery gel and although the ingredients sound scary, my skin absolutely loves it. Niacinamide soothes redness, and zinc calms blemishes (because it’s antimicrobial and antibacterial aka a super-ingredient pun intended). To me, Niacinamide sounds like some scary super-chemical, but it’s actually a form of vitamin B3 and can actually help strengthen the skin’s outer layers (say what?). I’m now loving this super-ingredient because it helps with skin texture, which is one of my main concerns. 
The first night I got these I used Pure alone, because I was having pretty bad breakouts. When I looked in the mirror a few hours later, I was amazed by how calm my skin looked and my pores even looked smaller (No, this obviously doesn’t actually shrink pores, but it did reduce their appearance). In the morning some of my breakouts had actually cleared up and my scars seemed less angry (Note: I don’t have extreme scarring by any stretch of the imagination, just some red discoloration). The next morning I used a combination of Bounce and Glow and my skin looked so bright and fresh that I ended up only wearing concealer, and I’ve been wearing less and less foundation ever since. I love the watery consistency of these not only because they’re easy to blend in, but also because it means they aren’t chock full of filler ingredients that make serums feel all ‘silky’.

Recently, I’ve been applying Pure to my jaw and nose since I break out along my jaw a lot, Bounce on my forehead and cheeks, and Glow under my eyes and along my cheekbones. This has made my skin look super healthy, and Bounce has somehow reduced the crease in my forehead (again, magic?). They produce such instant results I don’t even know how to describe what’s happening to my skin. I usually wait at least of month of continued use before reviewing a skincare product, but I immediately saw a difference after applying and knew these were something different. I will say that the other night I applied all three all over my face in layers, and I think it was a bit much for my skin as it didn’t look very nice in the morning. I think since these are so concentrated, being smart and using a little moderation is the key.

If you guys would like to get 20% off of your first purchase (which makes these even cheaper, yay!) you can purchase through my link, here

Have you guys tried the Supers yet? Which is your favorite? x