Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Guide to Glossier: Skin

As the year comes to an end, I decided I wanted to do a big brand focus on my favourite brand of the year; Glossier. I've gotten a lot of questions recently about the products and which ones I love the most. While you will be able to see my top picks again on my rep page after the holiday gift guide, I thought doing a big run down of everything would be helpful for you!
MILKY JELLY CLEANSER
This may be my favourite thing ever. The Milky Jelly Cleanser is a pH-balanced creamy gel that actually feels like you're washing your face with clouds. The cleansing agent is the same used in contact lens solution, so it's super gentle and you don't have to worry about getting it in your eyes. I was skeptical about it's ability to remove makeup but it is amazing. Definitely won't remove waterproof mascara (I don't use them anyway), and if you're wearing a smoky eye you'll need to double cleanse. But, for every day cleansing and removing it can't currently be beat. It's got ingredients like Vitamin B5 that help retain moisture and so doesn't leave your skin stripped. Although I generally think cleansers don't do too much as they're only on your face for a short time, I have definitely seen a change in my skin since using this.
PRIMING MOISTURISER
I'm ridiculously lazy in the morning, so two-in-one products are a must for me. The Priming Moisturiser does just what it says on the tin, primes and moisturises (shocker!). It really helps to prep the skin, leaving it nice and plump, reducing redness, and minimizing the appearance of pores. Magic. It's full of Hyaluronic Acid (dreaaaamy) to hydrate, a Mushroom Super Hydrator (mysterious) to plump, and a blend of Vitamins A, C, and E to protect against free radicals (cell damage). During the summer, this is a bit much for my skin, well pretty much everything is, but during these cold months I'm obsessed.

BALM DOT COM
Speaking of obsessed, I currently own seven of these. SEVEN. The Balm Dot Com is a do-everything skin salve. I mostly use it as a lip balm and cuticle butter and it is amazing. You may think this is just like any other lip salve, but it really truly keeps your lips hydrated for long periods of time. It contains Castor Seed Oil which has water-binding properties that helps retain moisture, and Cupuacu Fruit Extract that helps prolong the moisturising effects. It also has Rice Bran and Rosemary Leaf Extracts which are antioxidants and help fight free-radical damage. They also have fun Flavoured Versions, my favourite are Coconut and Mint.
SUPER GLOW
If you haven't already seen my full-on scientific post about the Supers, you can check it out here. First up this time is Super Glow, which may have become my favourite. It's been my hero this month because it contains things like Vitamin C and Magnesium to help brighten dull, tired skin (boy has my skin been tired). I generally use this one in the morning as it has a pretty instant effect in making my skin look well-rested, and Glossier suggests you use each Super only once a day.

SUPER BOUNCE
If you're a Hyaluronic Acid freak like be, you'll love this one. Super Bounce is incredibly hydrating with Vitamin B5 and Hyaluronic Acid to plump, regenerate, and hydrate skin. This one is the silkiest of all three, and feels most like a typical serum (but it's still water-like and sinks into the skin effortlessly). I use this both day and night (oops), but am careful in not overapplying, make sure you listen to your skin! (Because you're NOT just a skin type)

SUPER PURE
Super Pure is a skin-soothing powerhouse, and the first thing I reach for when I'm having a freak out. It's got Niacinamide (sounds terrifying, it's not) and Zinc, which soothe redness and calm breakouts. Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 which sounds much less scary and is super-soothing. This one I usually use at night and wake up with calmed skin. You can buy all three as a set here and save $19 WOO!
MEGA GREENS GALAXY PACK
These received mixed reviews in the blogging world, but I was absolutely blown away when I first tried them! The Mega Greens Galaxy Pack is truly as Glossier describes it, a juice cleanse for your face. It balances skin and helps reduce inflammation, but also detoxes and leaves my skin feeling incredibly clean. It's a clay mask, but doesn't crack and dries softly, almost sinking into the skin. If you like the Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque, you'll LOVE this. Ingredients like Parsely, Spinach, Cress Sprout, and Kaolin White Clay help to clean and purify, while Avacado (it's a avacadoooo) moisturises and Bitter Orange Peel gently exfoliates.

MOISTURISING MOON MASK
I honestly didn't expect to love the Moisturising Moon Mask as much as I do, but it is wondrous. The creamy dream (that sounds kind of gross, ignore it) has my beloved Hyaluronic Acid as well as Sweet Almond Oil and Plant-derived Squalene to pack a hydrating punch. The almond oil gives it a divine scent and is ultra-relaxing as well as ultra-conditioning. This is like giving my skin a huge drink of water. I haven't had a sunburn in years (knock on wood), but I imagine this would feel like heaven on one. My skin looks super radiant and refreshed after using, so this has quickly become a favourite (like everything).

As always, don't forget you can shop through my rep page glossier.com/reps/amelia for 20% off your first order and free shipping over $30!

What are your favourite Glossier products? And keep your eyes peeled for the makeup post on Friday!
x