Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Bobbi Brown Skincare


We recently got the Bobbi Brown Extra Balm Rinse in at work (I work at a Cosmetics Company Store if you're new) and I snatched it up. Despite Bobbi being my line, I've never really ventured into her skincare as we don't often get it in stock. I loved the rinse so much I decided to go to the counter and try some more products. A lot of my favourite bloggers have been raving about the Vitamin Enriched Face Base so I wanted to check that out.

The Extra Balm Rinse is a conditioning cleanser meant to be good for dry skin. It comes in this 50 ml tube or a bigger jar. It says on the website that it can be used to remove makeup, but the packing says to keep it away from the eyes so I remove makeup with the Clinique Take the Day Off Balm and then cleanse with the rinse. What I really like about this is that it gets my skin really, really clean without a huge lather. I often get very lazy before bed and don't properly cleanse my face because I can't be bothered to wash all of the soap off. But this is super easy to remove! It's also surprisingly hydrating on the dry parts of my face, but doesn't make my oily t-zone greasy. Plus, it has Bobbi's luxurious citrus scent.

I got two little samples at the counter because I wasn't feeling spending a fortune quite yet. The first is the Extra Repair Eye Cream, which claims to help fight dark circles, puffiness, wrinkles, and more. This cream is super hydrating, but definitely sinks in quickly so you don't have to wait long before applying makeup. I think it does smooth to some degree, but I haven't seen any dramatic results yet. I might try the Hydrating Eye Cream as it's a little less expensive. I also tried a sample of the Hydrating Gel Cream. I really like gel-based cream formulas like this because they sink in quickly and don't leave residue like heavier creams can. However, they're still hydrating for the parts of my skin that are quite dry. This also smells like delicious citrus. I've been mostly using this in place of a night cream because I've been using the next product during the day, but love waking up with fresh skin!

The Vitamin Enriched Face Base has been raved about for a long time and I've been battling with my primers recently so I decided to give this a try. It's my new favourite product ever. I don't know how, but Bobbi has somehow perfectly combined a moisturizer and primer into one product. It smooths skin for a perfect makeup application but also hydrates. I was a bit worried because it's very rich and creamy, but it also sinks in without feeling greasy and is oil-free. I don't think I've ever gotten so many compliments on my skin! As always, Bobbi's packaging is absolutely gorgeous but I will say that the germ freak in me slightly wishes these were all in pumps. But it so pretty that I have it sitting out on my vanity so I'm not complaining too much.

Have you tried Bobbi Brown skincare? What did you think?
x