Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet

I know, I know... another foundation? I have a problem. But after surviving the first day of the new semester I decided I needed a treat. Did I actually? Not at all but I did it anyway, devious. So I wandered up to the CHANEL counter and grabbed this little beauty, the CHANEL Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth Effect Makeup which I have in the shade 12 Beige Rose. It's touted by CHANEL as a lightweight oil-free fluid texture which provides a long-lasting matte-velvet finish for complexion perfection. And boy does it provide perfection. 


If you're one for super glowy skin, this isn't for you, it's definitely a satiny-velvet finish but it looks and feels so much like skin it kind of makes you do a double take. CHANEL suggests you apply this with your fingers, but I think it's far too runny and it sets pretty quickly. I put some on the back of my hand and use my beautyblender to apply. It has that 'dry-oil' sort of feel to it, like the Armani Maestro or Maybelline Dream Wonder, but I find that it blends into the skin even easier. The matte-velvet finish means that the foundation is more long-wearing than it's Vitalumière Aqua counterpart. I find that this lasts really well all day on me, I just get slightly more glowy by the end. It's also worth mentioning that I wear glasses most days, and this is the only foundation ever that hasn't gone all gunky on the bridge of my nose. MIRACLE. The packaging isn't SUPER luxurious for such an expensive foundation, but it is chic and really travel friendly, I guarantee it'll be the lightest foundation in your collection.


So, if you've been dying to try Aqua but have oily skin, give this one a go. Or, if you prefer a satiny finish, Lumière Velvet is perfect for you. This baby retails for a hefty $45, which gets you 1oz of product. Definitely not a bargain buy, but gorgeous nonetheless.


Have you tried any beauty products from CHANEL? 

What's your favourite? 
x