Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The "Cool Girl" Holiday Makeup Edit

For my second holiday look, I wanted to do something a bit different so I basically just did the total opposite of a gold eye and red lip. I'm sure you guys have noticed, but the trend towards more minimalistic edgy makeup is huge. So for this look I went with almost-bare skin and an easy two step smoky eye!

For my "base" I just used the Glossier Stretch Concealer. This is an absolutely gorgeous product that blends incredibly and really just looks like skin. Not to toot my own horn, but my skin looks quite good at the moment (thanks to the Supers and some Pixi goodies) so I covered up some redness and a few acne scars and left the rest of my face bare. If you're not feeling the no-foundation look, try using something lighter like a tinted moisturizer. I love the Bobbi Brown Nude Finish Tinted Moisturizer because it really evens out the skin but leaves it showing through. I went for a slightly more natural looking brow this time, just feathering a bit of the Anastasia Brow Wiz and then setting with Glossier's Boy Brow.
This look is heavily inspired by the products in Glossier's Black Tie Set, which are now available separately yay (hop on my rep page, here, for 20% off your first purchase). So, to finish off the skin I piled on the Haloscope in Moonstone. I wanted you to see my highlighter from space, so I also set with the Cover Fx Perfect Light Highlighting Powder in Moonlight which adds an almost-silver sheen. For this two step smoky eye, I pressed the NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Stud onto my lids. Then using Glossier's No. 1 Pencil in Graphite, I lined my top and bottom lashlines (and waterline) making it extra smudgy! I did several coats of Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara and wah lah! easiest smoky eye ever.
For lips I used the Glossier Lip Gloss because it's super duper shiny, but still long-lasting and quite hydrating. If you don't want quite so much shine, try something like MAC's Blankety.

And that's it! A super simple look that's easy to throw on and not worry about. Let's be real, I'm more concerned about eating as much as possible.
x