Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Classic Holiday Makeup Edit

 This year I decided to do something a little different on the blog, and instead of just do a holiday makeup edit I'm doing two actual makeup looks! (Complete with cringe close-ups of my face, get ready). First up is the classic holiday look, I don't think you can possibly go wrong with a red-lip gold-eye combo!

If you've read my Lazy Girl Red Lip Edit, you probably know that I like a little bit of a full-on base when rocking a red lip. This is because something so bold draws a lot of attention to your face, and I'd rather not have people staring at my pimples thank you very much. My go-to for a flawless base is still the Clinique Beyond Perfecting 2-in-1 Foundation and Concealer (mouthful). Say hello to perfect, natural looking skin with a super lightweight finish that just looks better the more you wear it. Urban Decay's Naked Skin Concealer is my standard this time of year because I'm still in the no-sleep finals-week period and these dark circles won't be going anywhere any time soon. For glow I've gone back to my trusty Mary Lou-Manizer from the Balm because it's light enough for my pale skin, but much warmer toned (think champagne, not ice) than other things I've been using.
The brows are looking a little severe here, but I'm getting back into the swing of using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade again so cut me some slack. Again, I like a little bit more drama here when wearing a red lip over my go-to more natural looking brow. I'm loving that crisp point that the Dip Brow delivers! My favourite gold shadows come as one in the NARS Isolde duo (convenience). They're absolutely beautiful really warm golds, which is a little different from the usual champagne tones. I've turned the saturation down on these photos because aesthetic, but in real life they really make your eyes pop (especially blue and green eyes haaaay). Looks like this are really well complemented by some false lashes, or individual lashes if you're like me and can't be bothered with a strip lash. I'm not wearing any here because I threw away my lash glue (idiot), but I love the Ardell Mediums. I've layered the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black and the Smashbox Full Exposure mascaras.
For me, MAC's Russian Red is the ultimate in holiday reds. It's slightly dark, but still very bright, and warm without making my teeth look yellow. It's also a comfortable feeling matte finish, but this means it's not gonna be great for getting through dinner. Honestly though, if you're wearing a red lipstick at dinner you've committed to getting it everywhere and fellow guests should admire your bravery.

I hope these hi-def photos don't scare you too much! Feel free to zoom in on my clogged pores, fine lines, and grey hairs for a laugh (I have been lol).

What are you guys planning for your holiday look this year? Stay tuned for my second look on Saturday!
x