Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Dewy Skin in the Winter

As Winter approaches and my skin gets drier, I start reaching for products to really really make my skin look dewy. Usually, I stick to powders and light moisturizers as my combo skin can tend to look greasy halfway through the day. But it's finally that season where I can pile on the moisture and creamy products and have my skin stay looking fab.

The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is my holy grail moisturizer, but I generally use it at night (or using a tiny amount during the day). But, now that my skin is much more dry I can use it every damn day if I please. This really makes your skin look healthy and plump without being greasy, as it sinks right in. Speaking of plump, the Glossier Super Bounce has been my bff the past few months. It really hydrates your skin and also makes it look glowy! The Hyaluronic Acid is my saving grace. The skin under your eyes definitely needs some extra help in this weather, so at night I use the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream. I think it's probably a bit too heavy for most people to use during the day, but it definitely leaves my under eyes looking moisturized and less tired.

If all that moisture isn't enough glow for you, use an illuminating primer. I've been obsessed with the Cover Fx Illuminating Primer because it adds a gorgeous natural looking glow without feeling like I've got anything extra on my face. It also doesn't look like disco-ball shimmer which gives it an A+ in my book. It contains Provitamin B5 and Vitamins C and E to give your skin a little extra boost. For makeup, I basically stick to my beloved Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. The name doesn't lie, this looks just like your skin but extra perfect and healthy. It doesn't set down very much, so if you do have oilier skin set with something like the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders (I use Ethereal Light) to keep the skin looking glowy.

Highlight is the crowning glory of a dewy face, and nothing quite beats the Glossier Haloscopes for the ultra dewy look. The outer core has literal crystals in it (so you sparkle like a diamond) and the inner portion is a solid oil core of vitamin-rich moisturizers. These don't dry down, they stay super creamy and glowy all day long. This is awesome for the dry season, but if you have particularly oily skin or want to use them in the summer, I set with something like the Cover Fx Perfect Light Highlighting Powder to keep the shine going. I mostly use the Quartz Haloscope, but will use the Moonstone on the very high points of my face for a more intense almost blue-ish glow. Don't forget you can use my rep link: glossier.com/reps/amelia for 20% off your first order!

What do you guys use to keep your skin looking dewy?
x