Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

"No Makeup" Makeup

It's exam week, which means I'm running on no sleep and I look like an extra from the Walking Dead. Unfortunately, I also have presentations to give so I'm not allowed to be a zombie this week (yay me). So, I've got the fresh, "no makeup" but I still look goooood thing on lock.

Glossier's Super Glow is a must have for tired, lackluster skin. Vitamin C brightens your skin and Magnesium energizes it. It absorbs into the skin really quickly, and leaves it looking glowy (duh). In lieu of foundation, I've been using the Glossier Stretch Concealer over any areas that I want covered up ie my scars and undereyes of doom. This is awesome because it's layerable and has good coverage, but is also virtually undetectable. Avocado and Jojoba oils nourish the skin and prevent your skin from losing precious water.

If I need an extra glow, I'll dust a bit (or a lot) of the Cover Fx Perfect Light Highlighting Powder in Moonlight over my cheekbones. I know, I know, I won't shut up about this but it looks so beautiful on the skin. The Glossier Haloscopes are also amazing, and I think a good cream highlight looks a wee bit more natural. If you don't really want a highlight you can see from space, but still want to look glowy, the Hydra Highlighter from NOTO Botanics is gorgeous. I especially love it on foundation-free skin as it makes your skin look really healthy. It's definitely much more subtle, but still leaves you looking bright.

I've had these Bobbi Brown eyelash curlers in my drawer for years, but I never actually used them (other than as a photo prop) until last week and I am kicking myself. I guess I've never used a proper lash curler and haven't reaped the benefits but I was shocked by how open my eyes looked after using this. It's pretty intense, so be careful if you're used to crappy curlers as your lashes can get bendy very quickly. The Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara is my all-time favourite because it separates, lifts, and volumes without ever looking clumpy. I pretty frequently have people asking me if I'm wearing false lashes when using this (*hair flip*).

I could never be without my brows, even when I'm wearing nothing I'll at least use some Glossier Boy Brow for full, not crunchy, brows. I usually need a little extra help and the Anastasia Brow Wiz is my bff. You can use this to create intense brows, or soft kinda-natural looking ones. Basically the love of my life. Generally for lips I'll just use the Glossier Balm Dot Com (yes, this post is very Glossier heavy, but when am I not talking about them honestly?), but if I'm feeling extra special I'll 'contour' my lips a bit with the Estee Edit Barest Contour Lip Liner for some more definition.

Since this post is so Glossier-heavy I'll remind you that you can get 20% off your first order on my rep page: glossier.com/reps/amelia (I will never stop talking about this either)

What are your favourite "no makeup" makeup products?
x