Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Favourite Brushes

So I've got a new brush set up going on (innit dreamy?) and I figured I would walk you through some of my favourite brushes! The brands I mostly use are Sigma, Mac, and elf. But I'm definitely looking to get some from other brands so let me know which brushes you love!

I've been on a BeautyBlender kick for a loooong time, but recently I've been back into my Sigma F84 Angled Kabuki brush for foundation. Since school has started back I find it much quicker to just blend this all over my face at warp speed and wah lah! Foundation done. As far as powder brushes go, I generally use either the Sigma F30 Large Powder Brush for all over my face or the elf Blush Brush for more controlled application. For bronzer I love the Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour Brush and for highlight the elf Small Tapered Brush is absolutely perfect! I haven't actually contoured in a while (I'm lazy) but when I do, I use the MAC 109!

As far as eye brushes, I have an embarrassing amount. I probably use the MAC 217 the most, I own three oops. It's perfect for blending, but also small enough to do some tighter shading in the crease. I'm also a hug fan of the elf Flawless Concealer Brush for blending the outer edges on shadow as it's so fluffy! The Sigma E30 Pencil Brush is excellent for using on the lower lashline and more controlled application in the crease. A new love I've recently found is the MAC 212 Flat Definer Brush, this is SO amazing for applying shadows to the upper waterline and into the lashes as it's so narrow. For brows, nothing can beat the MAC 263 Small Angled Brush. It is super duper fine and you can get very precise, controlled lines with it while still looking natural.

Right, I think those are all of my absolute favourite brushes! Although looking at the elf site has me thinking I may need to pick some more up! Also, any brush brands I need to look at?
x