Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Everyday Staples

I do a LOT of "edit" posts, or favourites in which I talk about what I'm loving lately; but, I've realized that I rarely talk about the products that I use on a daily basis. These are the things that I repurchase on a regular basis and are often featured in my "today's makeup" posts on instagram with little comment. So today I'm giving these quiet stars the limelight!

Glossier's Priming Moisturizer is one of my absolute favourites to use under makeup (in fact is all I ever really use in the day time). This lil gem really plumps up the skin, making it moisturized without being greasy. It almost leaves a satiny finish to the skin. It's got hyaluronic acid in it, which is super hydrating as well as honey and tea to help with redness. It also has an oxygenating agent (ooo, science) which helps improve skin's texture! I do wish it contained an SPF so I didn't have to layer another product, but I can't complain too much, eh? We all know that I constantly sing the praises of the Glossier Balm Dot Com because it is seriously the best lip balm/skin saviour I have ever used. Ever. It's super hydrating and really dense so it locks moisture in. If you want 20% off of your first order, you can use my link here! (Or if you'd rather not, the individual product links are not affiliate ones)

I think pretty much everyone loves the Too Faced HangoveRx Primer, and I do too (obvs)! I absolutely abhor silicone primers, I can't stand the feeling of them on my face (and I'm also not convinced that they aren't bad for your skin). Anywho, this one is silicone-free, yay and contains coconut water and probiotics to help your skin. I don't know if this has helped improve my skin as I've been using a lot of other products, but I definitely love it especially in conjunction with the priming moisturizer. My go-to concealer, and probably one of the only actual makeup products I've frequently repurchased, is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. I don't really know how to describe to you how amazing this is. It's called weightless for a reason, because it doesn't feel at ALL heavy (or like I'm wearing anything really). The coverage though, it's astonishing. It's packed with pigment, and has a satin-matte finish meaning it's long wearing but doesn't look fake. Also, the applicator is an absolute dream. I'm a huge fan of Bobbi Brown's Bronzers, and kind of own an embarrassing amount. The formula is beautiful and adds a nice, life-like amount of colour that lasts and lasts. I've also recently been loving the elf Bronzing Palette (and so cheap!).

Everyone and their mother uses Anastasia brow products, but they truly are the greatest. I love the DipBrow and Brow Wiz equally, and generally use them together everyday. I'm currently using the shade Medium Brown in both, but also sometimes use the DipBrow in Chocolate on the tail of my brow. The DipBrow does have a bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it you can create both natural-looking brows and super dramatic ones. I use the Brow Wiz to sharpen the edges of my brows, but also use it to fill them in on lazy or light makeup days.

Those are my beloved, everyday products. What things do you guys use on a daily basis? Or do you tend to rotate a lot?
x