Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Makeup Medley No. 01

Recently I've been reaching for the same products every day and doing quite a quick makeup, so I thought I would show you what I'm into at the minute. I think because I've been so into skincare, I've been quite lazy with my makeup and focusing on making my skin look nice than hassling with eyeshadow, etc.

I bought the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint back in February (?) on the day it released and did like it, but then I sort of forgot about it. My skin was a bit dry back then and I think I wasn't in love with how it made my skin look. Recently, I've been using it with the Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer (which I'm about to run out of, sad) and I am in LOVE. Despite being a 'skin tint' this is more of a foundation product, but I've been applying it with a brush on top of my super hydrated skin and it's gone on super smoothly whilst still looking like skin. I think previously I was using a beautyblender, and maybe I'll try it again, but I find smoothing it on with a kabuki brush leaves a gorgeous finish.

Since the skin tint is sort of a satiny finish, I've been leaving it mostly un-powdered. But to combat a bit of oil, I've been back into the classic MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural brushed over my t-zone, pressed around my nose, and used to set my undereye concealer. This leaves my skin looking natural (obvs) but not overly oily. Dreamy! Speaking of dreamy, when we got the Tom Ford Moodlight Skin Illuminating Powder Duo in at work I think I actually drooled. The contains two beautiful highlighters, and I've actually been mostly using the bottom rose-gold colour to add a bit of a bronzey glow to my face. I generally stick to those icy white or gold highlighters, so this has been a nice change. Also, the formula of the bottom shade is absolutely gorgeous! The top shade is slightly harder and a wee bit less pigmented for some reason, but Temptalia says if you use it wet you can get a more metallic finish so I will have to try that.

To finish off the skin I've been wearing blush. Shock, horror! I literally never ever wear blush. My coworker (and bff) Janay put some on the other day at work and I got jealous and started wearing it too. I forgot how much a little bit of blush really makes you look alive, and considering I have a ridiculously full drawer of the stuff I've been wearing it again! This Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Oasis is absolutely beautiful (how many times can I say that in one post?). I'm super bummed because it apparently only comes in the skin squad set (which is an awesome deal anyway), but it's quite similar to the shade Exposed as far as I can tell! For eyes I'm being super lazy and just dabbing a bit of either of the NARS Kalahari shades on my lids. They're both some of my favourite shadows ever, and so multi-dimensional it looks like I made an effort!

What products have you been reaching for recently?
x