Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Easy Eyeshadow Edit

I've been quite lazy with my eyeshadow recently and focusing more on my base, so I thought I'd show you my favourite 'one-sweep' eyeshadows (calling all lazy girls!). As you can tell I stick mostly to the taupey-bronzey variety, so prepare yourself for me attempting to describe them differently.

Recently I've been swiping the NARS Hardwired Eyeshadow in Stud (post here) all over my lids because it's just so damn beautiful. Sephora describes this as a 'soft pewter bronze', but I definitely think it's more pewter than bronze. Either way, it's absolutely gorg! More on the actually bronzey side is Bobbi Brown's Burnt Sugar Eyeshadow. I don't think Bobbi's eyeshadows get enough credit. Not only are they beautifully formulated, you also get huge .09oz pans that can be (VERY easily) switched around and put it different palettes. I LOVE. Anyway, Burnt Sugar is a 'deep golden brown' that can be quite pigmented and intense, but a light wash looks really lovely. Another favourite from Bobbi is Malted, which is apparently no longer available (I almost cried). I think the most similar from Bobbi is Antique Rose or Cement, but it's quite similar to Urban Decay's Naked.

MAC's Tempting Eyeshadow is fairly similar to Burnt Sugar, but it pulls a bit more gold on me. This one is a lustre, so it's a wee bit difficult to work with but I love it just blended out over the lids rather than packed on. Cream shadows are the best for lazy girls, and elf's Smudge Pot in Cruisin' Chic is one of the easiest. These are a gel based formula so they glide right over the eyes and are a dream to blend out. I've only tried this taupey colour but for $3, I'm eyeing up some other shades. If you have super oily lids I would definitely use a primer and maybe set with a translucent powder, these are super creamy. I've talked about H&M's Shiitake Eyeshadow multiple times before, but it really is the perfect easy shadow. It can be packed on for a metallic finish or swept on with a MAC 217 for a bit of sparkle.

I generally use MAC's Pro Longwear Paint Pots as eyeshadow primers, but if I'm feeling really lazy I'll just swipe one of these all over my lids and call it a day. I do own several of the more 'colourful' aka bronze and shimmery shades, but these two are my favourite as they're similar to my skin tone. I use Soft Ochre the most by far as my skin is quite yellow, but if you have more neutral or pink undertones you'll love Painterly.

What shadows do you guys love for lazy days? Let me know so I can add to my collection, hehe
x