Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

I've been having fairly problem skin recently, which is pretty unusual for me. I'm hoping it's the dreaded "purge" that comes from starting and sticking to a proper skincare routine (and using a Clarisonic). But, I went on a hunt to find something that would help me clear up my skin. I've been really into Kiehl's as an entire brand, especially recently, and I've heard some great reviews about the Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque so I picked it up.

The Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque ($28) is a clay cleansing mask meant to 'purify skin' and 'visibly minimize pores.' I've never really spent a lot of money on face masks (except for the GlamGlow one I got at work) because I feel like I go through them so quickly. This guy, however, comes in a whopping 5oz tub so you're definitely getting a lot of bang for your buck. I've been applying a thin layer of this all of my face after cleansing, leaving it on until it's dry (but not too dry) and then rinsing it off or using a warm wash cloth to remove. I was a little shocked the first time I used this, as it really does clean out your pores. I've tried countless black head removal strips, etc. but nothing made my poor nose look as clean as this does. My skin looks very fresh and glowy immediately after use, instead of red and irritated. It's also one of the only clay masks I've used that doesn't make my skin feel dry after using! I've definitely noticed that my breakouts are going away faster and my pores look less obvious. Emphasis on the look, because as I've said before, pore size is genetically determined and nothing will actually minimize them.

Overall, I'm really loving how clean my skin looks and feels after using this. I've been using it around twice a week with no irritation, but if you have sensitive skin I'd probably only use it once a week. I've also read some reviews saying it's great to use as an overnight spot treatment, so I will be trying that next!

Have you guys tried this yet? What's your favourite Kiehl's product?
x