Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

April Favourites

This month has been all about fresh, glowing skin and a somewhat colorful lip (for me). These are the products I've been loving in April! By the way, please bear with me this week my loves, it's finals time and I am drowning in final projects. Posting may be a bit sparse/sporadic especially next week!

Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation in 110 Porcelain I spotted this in the drugstore and snatched it up because how freaking pale is this?! And in a yellow undertone, the heavens opened and angels were signing. I love the original Fit Me but the lightest colour is so dark I always have to mix it. Anywho, during the summer I'm all about glowy skin, but my poor skin doesn't hold onto my dewy foundations in this nasty humid weather so I have to stick with matte formulas. The thing I love about this is that it looks SO natural. It blends seamlessly (I use my beauty blender) and covers just enough to let my skin look like skin. It's pretty build able but doesn't cover huge breakouts so keep that in mind. There's been a few complaints about longevity, but I set mine with a powder and I like the way it wears throughout the day, it doesn't go cake but instead kind of 'fades' a bit. That sounds terrible but it's a nice thing. I think if you have rather oily skin, you may actually not like this. That was really long and not very informative, but I think I'll give it it's own post coming up this week.

elf Gotta Glow Highlighter I recently found this at Marshall's and I was SO pumped because they never ever have it in my Targets. It's legitimately the perfect highlighter and only $3, I really don't know where you can go wrong. I would say it's like an icy gold colour, so super flattering on all skin tones. LOVE.

Benefit High Beam On days where I want to be SUPER glowy, I'll add some of this baby underneath Gotta Glow and it looks like my cheekbones have been kissed my an angel. Okay, dramatic but really I am so into highlighting at the moment. Sorry.

NYX Bare My Soul Nude Matte Eyeshadow I have basically been wearing Shannon's Beyonce look every single day this month and this grayish-taupe is perfect for the crease colour. For whatever reason it makes my eyes look super super green which is a major plus in my book. The texture is also beautiful, I definitely want to get some more of these shadows.

Colourpop Lumiere Lippie Stix So this is probably technically in the nude category, but as someone who pretty much solely wears super-nudes and dark red lips, this is pretty colourful. It's a gorgeous dusty mauvey pink (good description there) and just looks so beautiful on. It's a perfect Kylie Jenner colour, ugh I cringe as I type this, and really looks good on everyone. Also it's $5 and I adore Colourpop. So buy it.

Rimmel London Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob  A while back everyone was raving about how this was just like Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk liner. I finally picked it up because for me it looks a liiiiittle too pink, but I LOVE it. I don't know what magic is in this pencil but it makes your lips look full and luscious and perfect. Trust me.

Essie Millionails Treatment If you read my blog regularly you'll have heard me complaining about a terrible manicure experience that left my nails really weak. I've had to keep them short while the get stronger and if they grow out even a little bit, they snap off. This has definitely improved them a tiiiiiiny bit, but I know it's going to me a long process so here's to healthy nails next month!

What products have you been loving? Anything I need in my life?
x