Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

MUA vs. Naked

I don't know about you guys, but I love high end makeup. My wallet does not. In fact both times I've purchased a Naked palette, I've cringed. But they're beautiful so I did it. If you do not want to shell out the big bucks, boy do I have good news for you.

The MUA Undressed Palettes are literally the exact same shadows. I kid you not. The British beauty brand stocks these suckers for £4 each. FOUR POUNDS. That's 6 dollars. Obviously there's a lot of drugstore 'dupe' palettes out there but honestly these could be made in the same factory. The shades, especially in the original, are the same and they have almost the same consistency. The only difference I can find is that a few of the MUA shades are slightly softer (aka some fallout) and the matte shades aren't quite as buttery as UD's. In Undress Me Too, the matte black is not the best ever. The shadows in the Naked palettes are also slightly bigger, being 1.3g while MUA's are .8g each. I tried to do some swatches but there's SO many shadows and I did them all on bare skin so they don't look amazing. And the first five shadows in the first picture and a few in the bottom don't really show up because I'm a pale peach hehe, but just know that they ARE pigmented!
If you've been wanting to get your hands on a Naked palette but don't quite have the funds, these are wonderful. In fact, I often travel with the original Undressed palette over my Naked (I think the packaging is sturdier). MUA does ship worldwide, but it's a hefty £8.50 shipping charge, so I'd find yourself a friend in the UK if you're elsewhere in the world!

Have any of you tried the palettes? What did you think?
x