Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Updated Base

Recently I've been reaching for the same base every day, mostly because I'm lazy ya feel? Thanks to some new skincare bits and pieces, my skin is looking pretty fab, but I also have some acne scars from my skin freakout last month. So rather than cover up the rest of my skin with a full coverage, I've been multi-basing (multi-masking? multi-basing? No? Okay).

I've been using the Cover Fx Illuminating Primer and loving the way it makes my skin look. It gives you a really healthy-looking, glowy complexion without being over the top. I think I'm pretty picky with primers and often just skip them all together, but this one really improves the look of what you put on top. You all know I'm having a little moment with the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint. It just really, really makes your skin look beautiful without trying. However, it obviously covers nothing. So, instead of concealing like a normal person would, I've been using the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer around my jaw. I'm usually one for advocating spot-concealing, as I think covering up with heavy foundations is pretty bad for your skin. But since I have quite a lot of scarring spread out over a big area, it's easier to use something like this. The great thing about this foundation is that it has a lot of coverage, but feels really light on the skin and spreads out super easily.

Since summer never seems to cease in the South East, I always have to set my foundations. But rather than using my Mac Studio Fix, I've been reaching for the Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder. This keeps your makeup locked in without adding cakiness or coverage and I bliimin' love it. Obviously can't resist a good highlight, it makes your skin look a million times better! This Cover Fx Perfect Light Highlighting Powder in Moonstone literally blew my mind when I first used it. It looks fairly average in the pan, but on the skin it's this bright almost warm silver that catches light amazingly. It's a lovely silky texture that never looks powdery and has literal pearls in it (pretty damn cool).

That's it for my recent base routine, what have you guys been sticking to? Or are you always switching it up?
x