Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Glowy Skin Edit

On days that I feel a little lackluster (most days at the moment), I turn to super glowy skin. This is definitely a trend at the moment, and I'm happy we've moved on from the matte look to something a little more natural.

Obviously skincare is super important when trying to achieve perfect skin, but I'm mostly focusing on makeup in this most so I just want to mention a few things quickly. The Complex Beauty Rose Glow and The Godmother face masks are both excellent and leave your skin looking radiant. I'm testing out  the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant at the moment and it is unreal, more to come soon. And finally I absolutely adore Glossier's Super Glow under makeup, it provides a beautiful canvas.

There are tons of foundations out there that can provide you with a glow, but I find mixing a glowy primer into a foundation I already love yields better results. The Cover Fx Illuminating Primer gives a gorgeous sheen to the skin without being over the top disco ball (no one really wants that look). I've been mixing it with both the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint and Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. If you know me, then you love I adore both of these products but they're especially beautiful mixed with the primer. Glossier's Tint provides almost no coverage, but leaves the skin looking naturally radiant. On days I need the coverage, Bobbi provides it while still looking like skin. I think one of the most important parts of having a glowy base is that it looks like your skin (skincare, people!).

The fun part comes with highlighter. Here, you can use a ton of different formulas; liquid, cream, powder. I love the Glossier Haloscopes, but I do tend to stick to powders on an everyday basis. My all-time faaaaaave is the Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer. It's a gorgeous frosty gold that's still warm and looks magnificent on your cheekbones (or all over your face). This is my one true highlight-love, and one that I think all skin tones can use. Recently, I've also been using the Cover Fx Perfect Light Highlighting Powder in Moonlight which is magical on lighter skin tones. This is an almost silvery colour that really packs a punch, but goes on super smoothly and melts into the skin seamlessly. Setting/hydrating mists can also help all of these products meld together. I use the MAC Fix+ usually, but I've got my eye on the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist.

What do you guys use to achieve a glowy look? Let me know!!

Also, sorry if this post doesn't sound super fun and upbeat. In light of recent events, I find it hard to joke around. Talking about makeup seems pretty trivial, but I thought perhaps I could add some positivity or at least a distraction. Remember, we can still make small differences every day. Be kind to yourself and especially to others. Love you guys.
x