Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

5 Brands I Gravitate Towards

It's no secret that I own a LOT of makeup. I'm constantly trying out new brands and new products, but there are also brands that I can't seem to stay away from. These are brands that I love virtually everything I've tried, but I'm also going to tell you my favourite things! Also, if you read my blog often (thaaaaanks), you could probably write this post for me so sorry if it's a bit boring!

I never shut up about Glossier, so I'll talk about them first. When they first launched two years ago, I didn't pick anything up. I think part of that reason is that I didn't think I fit their demographic. But when they launched the Phase 2 set, I snatched it up and haven't looked back since. I'm a full convert and totally believe that ANYONE can use their products. My faves are the Milky Jelly Cleanser (clouds in a bottle), Balm Dot Com (I own five), and newly the Perfecting Skin Tint. I think using these products as a system has been really beneficial for my skin and also the way I apply makeup. I've definitely gotten more comfortable with not wearing a full face on the reg. Speaking of skin, Kiehl's is the love of my skincare life. Everything they make is full of beautiful ingredients and I've actually seen a difference using them. I love everything from the Ultra range, but especially the Ultra Facial Cream.

Bobbi Brown is one of my favourite all-around brands. I don't think there's anything from them I haven't liked. A lot of brands are really great at one or two things (i.e. MAC at lipsticks), but Bobbi makes wonderful products in all categories. Her bases are out of this world, the skincare is great, lip products are awesome, her eyeshadows are unreal, literally everything rocks. My favourites are the Skin Foundation (post here), Matte Eyeshadows, and the Sheer Finish Pressed Powder. If I have nail polish on, 9 times out of 10 it's Essie. There's something about the formula and that perfect little brush that really nails it (LOL that was an accidental pun) for me. My all-time fave shades are Find Me an Oasis, Lady Like, and Topless & Barefoot. Last but certainly not least is NARS. This brand is freakin' beautiful, and they also do a lot of things really well. I love both the Velvet Matte Skin Tint and Sheer Glow Foundation, but my favourites are the Eyeshadow Duos and Velvet Matte Lip Pencils (specifically Cruella).

What are the brands you find yourself drawn to? Let me know!
x