Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Single Eyeshadow Edit

I love palettes, but single shadows are the best. I feel like they sort of force you to be creative because you mix and match (unless you only use one, oops). But, not all single shadows are made alike so these are my favourites!

NARS Shadows in general are one of my favourite formulas, but the singles are just so dang cute! I recently picked up Coconut Grove, which is the perfect dark dark dark brown. I talked about how I wanted to do smokey eyes but couldn't find a dark enough brown without using a black. This is the darkest brown ever, and is super smooth so blends really well. The Hardwired Eyeshadow in Stud is also gorgeous. It's a shimmery silvery-bronze that shifts quite a bit in different lighting. Anastasia Beverly Hills make some amazing palettes, but I loooove their singles (althought the palettes are really a better deal). They're super creamy and pigmented pretty much across the board, which is rare. They make a million colours and I definitely need to pick up more, but my favourite are Topaz and Smoke.

I've loved Bobbi Eyeshadows forever, and I'm not sure why they aren't hyped up more. They are a little more expensive, but also 2.5 g worth (Most are 1-1.5g). Bobbi's are also amazing across the board (pretty much all of her products are), they're super finely-milled and buttery and last forever. MAC Eyeshadows are definitely hit or miss, but some are amazing. Cork is one of my all-time favourite transition shades, and I also love Kid, Patina, and Nylon. Pigments from MAC are kind of a pain in the ass to use, but sooooo beautiful. Vanilla and Deep Brown are gorg. Inglot Eyeshadows are some of the best out there, they're inexpensive as heck and super pigmented. I couldn't get any out of my palettes to show you (struggle bus), but I have posts about them here and here!

Do you guys prefer palettes or singles?
x