Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Cream Eyeshadow Edit

A few years ago everyone started going crazy for cream eyeshadows. I was never that into them. I had several paint pots but I mostly just used my UDPP and powder shadows. The past few weeks however have been full of long shifts that start early in the morning. I still want to look put together but I don't want to put a lot of effort in, so I started reaching for cream shadows.

My MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot is my everyday eyeshadow primer, in fact I use it even when I don't wear eyeshadow. I just included this to point out that the formula of these is beautiful, especially the shades that are creamy versus shimmer. Painterly is the most popular for an everyday base, but I prefer Soft Ochre because of its yellow tone. I recently picked up the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in Bronze Have More Fun. It's a beautiful "antique bronze" shade that I was really excited to try. Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed with the formula. It's quite thin and applies surprisingly sheerly. You can build it up and the colour is gorgeous but you definitely feel it on your lid. It also wears quite patchily, so I only ever use this with a shadow on top.

The Maybelline Colour Tattoos really are the best of the best. They're inexpensive and the shade Bad to the Bronze is absolutely beautiful. It's lighter than Bronze Have More Fun and much more metallic. A while ago I saw KathleenLights do a tutorial where she just used this all over the lid so I pulled it back out. The formula is pretty hard so you have to pack the colour on with a synthetic brush, but it really doesn't budge. I've worn this from 9am-10pm before and it still looked the same!
Bronze Have More Fun, Bad to the Bronze, Soft Ochre

What are your favourite cream shadows?
x