Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Being Happy With Yourself

I know I've been posting every other day recently, but I just felt the need to share this post with you right now. My friend called me today rather upset, I'm sure she won't mind me telling you this, because she didn't feel pretty. I'm someone who has definitely struggled with low self-esteem issues, and really I still do. It's a part of growing up. You look in the mirror and see all the things you hate. My crooked nose, the way my lips look when I smile, the fact that I can't lose that extra fat in my tummy. But really, why does that matter? No one else sees it, people think you're BEAUTIFUL. I'm telling you, it's true. I never thought anyone would ever think I was even pretty but they do, and even if no one else did, I know you're beautiful and you know you're beautiful.

All the way up until my senior year of high school, I was the girl who sat in the back of the classroom and never opened her mouth. I didn't really even talk to my friends. I stuttered through presentations and quite often I cried in front of the class because I was so terrified (mortifying). Then one day I decided I didn't want to live like that. I started being myself in public, it's honestly really easy. I mean why should it matter if other people think you're weird? I guarantee there are people out there who will love you for you. I met my very best friends this way, simply by opening my (big) mouth. And they are the greatest people I've ever known. I tell myself I'm beautiful. It sounds conceited but why the heck shouldn't you be able to say that proudly? Speeches are still something I struggle with but I've gotten so much better at it. No one should ever feel like they aren't pretty. Every single person on this Earth is unique, and that is what makes you absolutely beautiful. So let it shine, Roald Dahl said, "A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double-chin and stick out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." I don't think I've ever heard a truer statement.

Self-confidence is definitely something you gain with age. You discover that you couldn't give a crap if someone gave you a funny look as you walk across campus because you feel fabulous. So, at whatever age you are, I just want to let you know that it will get better. Surround yourself with positive people, smile, love yourself. Because truly that is what life is all about.

x