Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Under Eye Saviours

Being back in class means I'm getting very, very little sleep. So my undereyes are obviously looking pretty rough. Concealer is absolutely my BFF because I am not a morning person (as much as I wish I were). I'm also talking about a few of my fave eye creams cause you know I'm a skincare freak. 

The Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream has been a favourite of mine for quite some time. This is a super moisturizing, really rich eye cream that actually absorbs fairly quickly. It's awesome because it actually works really well under makeup, which is where I generally have a problem with eye creams. Bobbi describes it as being perfect under concealer and she wasn't kidding! I'm also loving the Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Eye Cream which I mostly use at night. It feels amazing when applying and I have actually noticed a difference (shocker) in the texture of my under eyes since using this. I used to have those weird almost scaly looking bumps (ew) around the corner of my eye but now it's all smooth! I know you're eyeing the Glossier Balm Dot Com and thinking, "what the actual hell, Amelia?" But seriously, in the winter when my eyes get super dry this is a godsend. I obviously wouldn't put it really close to your actual eyeball, but the lower part of my under eye thanks me for it. 

As far as actual concealing goes, nothing will ever beat the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer for me. I'm pretty sure it's the only makeup product I've purchased over 5 times and that because it is good shit. It's super full coverage and incredibly lightweight (how do they do it??). The applicator is also a dream. The shade I use is fairly highlighting, but I'm generally trying to look brighter under the eyes anyway, so I love it (probably one of the only concealers that is actually fair enough for me to highlight with). The Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer is a great, slightly less covering alternative to this. It still is super brightening, and has a decent amount of coverage, but I find that it's easier to make look natural. If I'm needing some full coverage, but don't want to look too highlighted, I reach for the MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. This one is still super full coverage, and actually works really well to cover blemishes too as its really long wearing. It's a bit heavier than the Naked, which is why I fully converted, but still great for covering dark circles. 

If my eyes are particularly dry and need something creamier I go for the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, which I'm pretty sure I've been using for an eternity. It's extremely full coverage, but also pretty thick so I generally use it in the winter and make sure to set it. Creasing, unfortunately, is still pretty unavoidable. Last but not least is my beloved Glossier Stretch Concealer which I generally use on minimal makeup days. However, I've definitely been reaching for this on a regular basis when doing a full face as well because it's so dreamy. The emollient formula really blends into the skin beautifully, leaving a really natural finish. It also has a surprising amount of coverage and stays put really well. I'm really excited to see how this fares with my dry under-eyes in the winter. 

What are your favourite under-eye products? Anything I need to add?