Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Clinique Pop Lipsticks

If these aren't the most photogenic lipsticks you've ever seen, you're lying. I love products that are coloured on the outside, and they look so pretty sitting on my vanity! These are, of course, the Clinique Pop Lipsticks. They are colour and primer combined, and meant to last upwards of eight hours! (We'll see about that). Clinique calls these a "modern-velvet" finish, but as you can see they do have a bit of shine. This definitely sets down a bit as you wear them, to more of a satiny finish. I definitely wouldn't say they last eight hours, especially not the darker colours. The more nude ones, I could wear for four or five hours before it's mostly faded. But, obviously, the darker colours need more attention and I always wear them with a lip liner.

I have seven beautiful colours, so I'll run you through my thoughts! First up in the swatches (down at the bottom, eek up close lips) is Beige Pop, a beautiful pinky nude. This one is pretty opaque, and I'd generally wear it with a darker liner so I don't look like a ghost. Nude Pop is probably my favourite of the bunch, it's a tad darker than Beige and a beautiful everyday colour. My lips but better territory.  Plum Pop is actually a very pinky-mauve so the name is pretty deceiving! This one's also quite pigmented and is one of the longer-wearing colours. Love Pop is pretty similar to Plum, with a little hint of a berry undertone and a bit of shimmer. I usually hate shimmer in my lipsticks, but this is very pretty!

Literally not a clue what possessed me to get Poppy Pop, as I never ever wear bright lips. It's so gorgeous though! It's a bright orange-red that doesn't make my teeth look too yellow, some kind of miracle there. It doesn't show up very well in the search, but it's much brighter and more neon in real life. I obviously had to get a red, Cherry Pop is a beautiful super blue based red. This one isn't as pigmented as I'd like, so I definitely wear a darker liner underneath. Still pretty, but not super dreamy. Cola Pop is Autumn lip perfection. I was a bit worried about this one, but it's actually kind of sheer and looks gorgeous with a darker liner underneath. It's almost a burgundy-red that leans more brown.  I don't really know how to describe it honestly, but it reminds me of the ABH Rum Lipgloss. This one also doesn't really show very well on camera. Much more pretty in person!

I think Clinique made some pretty big claims that they didn't really live up to with these. But, despite that, they are still beautiful lipsticks! Some of the most comfortable in terms of feeling on the lips, and fairly moisturizing as well. They have just come out with matte versions, so I need to get my hands on those ASAP!
Have you guys tried these lippies yet? Let me know your thoughts!
x