Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation


My new HOLY GRAIL foundation, I absolutely love this stuff. I picked this up from England (there's a lot in that stash) and it's one that I'm very glad I did. Rimmel claims  "A match so perfect, it's undetectable in any light! Light Perfecting radiance foundation Traceless coverage and perfectly flawless skin under any light, lasts all day, SPF 18." It's Rimmel cheap with great packaging and an awesome product inside. The packing in the UK is this sleek glass bottle with a blue lid. It has the best pump I've ever used (who doesn't love a pump foundation?). In the US, however, it doesn't currently have a pump as far as I've seen.

The formula of the foundation is quite runny and a little thin so it's great for buildability. It sets to a beautiful satin finish that wears like true skin. I set my t-zone with a powder when using this, but if you have dryer skin, you probably won't need to. On the other hand, those of you with oilier skin might want to avoid this, unless you have a great setting powder. By the end of the day, my skin is definitely pretty glowy, but in a pretty sort of way if you know what I mean. The colour and coverage itself lasts great throughout the day which is surprising because I usually get pretty red cheeks.

The only problem I have with this foundation is the shade range. In the UK, they have quite a lot of colours, but as far as I saw they were all in the medium to light range. In the US, I've only seen four shades. I have the shade 100 Ivory which I believe is the second to lightest. It is a tad dark, so I'll probably have to mix it in the winter. However, the lightest looked a little too light for me and is very pink-toned. Overall, I do really love it, although I definitely don't think it's a very universal foundation. You can find it in Superdrug for £4.99 on offer right now. Walmart does have several shades online at $4.97, but my stores seem to only stock four shades at the most. Ulta has three shades at $5.99 and I haven't found it in any Targets yet.
Have you guys tried this beauty yet? What are your thoughts?
x