Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The UK Beauty Wishlist

I need more makeup/skincare like I need a hole in the head, but when in a different country who can resist? There are a few high ticket items I'm looking to get while the exchange rate is in my favour, but I'm honestly most excited to peruse the aisles of Boots for new releases and the 2for3 signs. Drugstores in the US are a bit rubbish (especially where I live). With a bit of help from Grace (she basically wrote out enough products for me to spend my entire life savings on) and some other UK blogger stalking I've got a rather long list going eek.

M A K E U P

I think the number one makeup product on my list at the moment is the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder. Mostly because I want to swatch shades 1 and 2 to see which matches better, but also because it ends up being $5 cheaper (win). My friend ordered this recently and its unbelievably smooth and weightless. I may also be tempted to get the Light Wonder Foundation but we shall see. Grace suggested I try out the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation which sounds right up my ally. It's meant to be super lightweight and dewy, but also has a decent amount of coverage. I'm interested to compare it to my beloved Burberry Fresh Glow. I'm also psyched to pick up some more Sleek Blushes because I loooove the formula and they're so so inexpensive. I've been in the market for a new liquid liner and the Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner is supposed to be the creme de la creme so I'm sure I'll be picking that up. I'm also very excited for the Topshop beauty section, Grace reccomended a bunch of products to me but I'm all ears for more. I only have a small TS section in Nordstrom here, and they definitely don't carry the beauty. We can get Burberry here obviously, but I'll probably be picking up a few bits and pieces. I specifically have my eye on the Cashmere Concealer and possibly a Lip Velvet. There's a couple of Soap and Glory bits on my radar, but I think I'll just go to Boots and grab whatever I feel like (lol). I think those are the only things on my neeeeeed list, but please add to it for me!



S K I N C A R E

Right. This list I'm thinking could get a lil long. Sorry in advance to my bank account. Eve Lom is a littttttle pricy but I think I might pick up the Rescue Mask. Grace has said that this greatly helped her hormonal acne which is what I'm struggling with at the moment. I really really really want the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. I highly doubt that I'll take the plunge even though it is a bit cheaper, but it's so beautiful. We can get Embriolysse here obviously, but Grace gave a glowing review so I think I'll pick it up while I'm being spendy. Can you tell I'm basically modeling this list on her recommendations? Not quite sure what yet but I'm definitely going to pick up some La Roche Posay goodies, probably something from the Toleraine Ultra line because it's quite hard to find and Kate recommends it. There's nowhere near me to get Aesop so I think I may get a bit crazy if I find it in my travels. I have my eye on the Parsley Seed Masque, Hand Sanitizer (lol), and Fabulous Face Oil. I've been missing the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream a lot lately so I'll probably pick up a fresh jar, and I'm thinking of getting the new SPF version! This is so so great under makeup, especially during the colder months. I was thinking about picking up some Pixi bits from a counter, but it's weirdly expensive from what I can see. The last thing on my need list is the This Works In Transit Camera Close Up which Grace said she thinks I'll love. Literally got three words into the description and added it to the list, sounds like a proper miracle.

My list is actually a bit shorter than I expected it to be, but I also have some pretty pricy items on there so it's for the best. I'm mostly excited to just browse around, but if you have any suggestions for additions to my list let me know!
x