Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

A Simplified Skincare Routine

Sometimes when you try a million and one products a week, your skin can freak out a little bit. Even elephant skin like mine. So, I have a pretty simple skincare routine that I always go back to! It's nice and soothing, hydrating, and still keeps my skin looking goooood.

Honestly, these are all products that I'll never stop using so sorry if I say that a lot. Having said that, Milky Jelly Cleanser is the best cleanser I've ever put on my face and I'll never stop using it. It's pH-balanced and incredibly conditioning so it cleanses but never strips. It's gentle enough to use on your eyes and it removes makeup. Basically the full package. I follow that up with the Estée Lauder Micro Essence. It's an essence-in-lotion and it is soooo hydrating. This product is originally from the Asian market and was then brought over here, so it's made with the ideals of Asian skincare. Aka hydration and anti-aging. It contains sodium hyaluronate to hydrate, caffeine to firm, and chamomile to soothe. Since using this, I've definitely noticed more hydrated and brighter skin. It's obviously quite pricy, but it is incredibly similar to SK-II and half the price. We have it at my CCS so I would check your local one!

Next up in the routine is my beloved Rose Hip Seed Oil from the Ordinary. This stuff is holy grail, it's actual magic. Rosehip Seed Oil is rich in linoleic acid, linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A, which means it's super hydrating but also helps repair the skin. It contains polyunsaturated fatty acids which when absorbed into the skin convert to prostaglandins, which are involved in cellular membrane and tissue regeneration. It's also one of the lightest oils on the market, meaning it absorbs really well. Aaaand it's super high in Vitamin C! More on that in an upcoming post. I'll seal that in with Glossier's Priming Moisturizer Rich. This baby is also rich in fatty acids, as well as ceramides, which help to reinforce the skin barrier over time.

In the morning, I've been toning with Pixi Glow Tonic instead of cleansing and my skin is looooving it. I find that this gets rid of grime without wiping all of last night's skincare goodness off. I also use this every night in between MJC and the Micro Essence. (I've also got $5 off your first Pixi purchase here!). Finally, I use the Glossier Invisible Shield. Every. Single. Day. I'm a little scared @ the universe because I'm listening to Thinking Out Loud right now and Ed sang "I fall in love with you every single day" as I was typing every single day. Okay. Anyway, sunscreen is the most important thing people!! You can slather on all the expensive creams you want. If you aren't protecting your skin from the sun you will never see the fruits of your labour. This one is my favourite because it's clear, lightweight, and is full of antioxidants to protect me from free-radical nasties.

And that's it!! A simple five-product (okay six) routine from Amelia?? Who am I?
x