Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Sephora VIB Sale Haul 2017

I did a bad thing. With the stress of finals, moving, and a million other things, I went from wanting to buy one thing during the sale to buying all of this. Oops. I had a real treat yo'self moment obviously. So far I am loving all of these things though, so that softens the blow to my poor bank account.

The thing I had planned to buy was Chanel's No. 5 L'Eau. This newish addition to the line-up is a fresher, more modern version of the original No. 5. No. 5 is one that you either love or hate. My grandmother has worn it for as long as I remember so I love it, but it is a pretty strong fragrance. This updated version has top notes of lemon and orange, followed by rose, jasmine, ylang ylang, and finally cedar, with soft and cottony musk notes. (This I got from the Sephora website lol). This is a super clean scent and I absolutely love it. I will say I wasn't expecting it to be so blimmin' tiny. I definitely should have paid the extra $14 for the 1.7 oz, but oh well! I next added the Sephora Collection Brow Pencil. This little guy is half the price of the Anastasia Brow Wiz and as far as I can tell works just as well. I got the colour soft charcoal, which is very grey-toned and I like it much more than the ABH colour options.

A couple weeks ago when I went to Charleston I got the new NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, so I decided I needed (obviously) the Radiant Creamy Concealer as well. I've only used it once so far, but I definitely see why everyone loves it so much. For some reason I thought it would be quite thick or too dry (read the name Amelia), but it sits so beautifully under the eyes and really helps to blur and conceal. Because I got a new concealer, I clearly needed to pick up a new foundation as well. I've been drooling over the Burberry foundations and decided to go for the Fresh Glow. If you guys remember, a couple months ago I ordered the Cashmere Soft Matte foundation and Burberry canceled my order (eye roll). I'm glad I decided to get this one instead thought because it's so so beautiful on the skin. It blends in incredibly and is one of those bases that looks like you have incredible skin. Will definitely be doing a full review on this in the future.

I last-minute panic ordered the Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear Trans-Foam Clay in Refreshing Green, I mean look at the packaging. Minimalist dream. Plus it was only $15! This one is a wash-off foam mask that is meant to gently cleanse and exfoliate. I've never seen anything like it so I needed it for testing purposes, right? I also got the Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Sheet Masks because I adore sheet masks and have heard incredible things about this one.

Finally! Those are all of the things I accidentally bought in the VIB sale! Let me know what you guys picked up! And if there are any specific products you'd like to hear more about, tell me and I'll get up a review soon.
x