Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Highlighter Edit

I love highlighters. A lot, in fact it's becoming a bit of a problem as I can't seem to stop buying them. I love how healthy they make your skin look whether you choose to keep them a glow or build them up to a blinding sheen. I used to be a powder only kind of girl, but as I was pulling out my favourites I've realized that I've become a cream stick convert!

The Balm's Mary LouManizer has been my long time highlight love, and I think it may have been my very first! It's a beautiful champagne colour in a buttery formula that glides over the skin. It's not one to pick up on any skin texture because it's so smooth and it can be built up to be quite blinding. This was closely contested by the CoverFx Perfect Light Highlighting Powder in Moonstone, which is a much icier version. I've said before that this doesn't look that interesting in the pan, but on the skin it is so so gorgeous. The formula is really similar to the Balm in that it's super smooth, but it's definitely a bit more intense on the skin. Lastly for powders is my newest addition, the highlighting side of the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow Palette. This formula is again super buttery and creamy, but the shade is slightly more golden. It's not quite as intense as the other two, but provides the most natural looking lit-from-within glow. Obsessed. I need to give an honorable mention to the Pixi Glow-y Powders, especially in London Lustre, because they are incredible especially for the price point. The only reason they aren't in the photo is that the green packaging throws off that aesthetic (Instagram probs). But, I really really love the formula and they're incredibly similar to much higher end powders.

If you're looking for a dewy glow, look no further than the Glossier Haloscopes. If you haven't tried this yet, scoot your butt on over to my rep page and pick one up (with 20% off your first order, woo!). The outer ring is a beautifully shimmery cream highlight, when mixed with the inner solid-oil core creates the most incredible dewy sheen. My favourite shade is Quartz, but Moonstone and Topaz are also beautiful. For a similar sheen without the dew, I love the NARS Copacabana Multiple. This is a cream highlight, but is one of those formulas that sort of sets down to a powder finish. The colour is absolutely incredible and gives quite a bright sheen that still looks like a part of your skin. The TreStiQue Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent and Benefit Watts Up are awesome for on the go (especially this baby version). Both are a creamy champagne colour that don't quite set down like the NARS, but also don't stay tacky. And they're super easy to blend which makes them great to stash in your bag.