Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

High End Products Worth the Splurge

I've been quite into splurging on higher end products as I get older, it's sort of an experience to go to a Chanel counter and walk away with a black and white bag. And the packaging, oh the packaging. Sucks me in every time. I know you're partially paying for the name, but the products are so beautiful. There are definitely products out there that aren't worth the price tag. But these ones are things that I've spent time researching and testing, and I love them.

Foundations are what I normally choose to spend my pennies on, if you have a good base you have a good face. Nothing else can go wrong. It's science. I've had the Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet for a loooong time, and I still love it. Unfortunately Chanel's colour range is pretty pink and I like my foundations more yellowy, but I make it work. I don't have tons of Chanel in my collection but all of the things that I've tried have been gorgeous. This foundation is a super lightweight matte-velvet finish that gives a solid medium coverage and looks super natural on the skin. My latest base purchase was the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation and it's another love. This one is pricy, so if you can get your hands on a sample I would definitely do it as the shade range is also a bit weird. I'm shade 3, but could probably do shade 3.5 (I usually wear a 0 or 1 in most lines). It's also super lightweight and has a satiny skin like finish. I can't seem to get it up to full coverage like Desi does in her videos, but I love the amount of coverage it gives nevertheless.

I didn't realize I splurged on lipsticks so much, because I very rarely wear them, but there are three formulas that I love. I bit the bullet and bought a ridiculously priced Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick. I ended up getting it in a set, which made it seem less expensive, but the $34 price tag is still eye watering. This is the shade Very Victoria, a gorgeous taupey nude that's perfect for every day. I didn't believe that they could possibly be that good, but honestly they are pretty amazing. The formula is super comfortable, but is matte enough to be super longwearing. Along that line are the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, which I absolutely adore. They've just upped the price (tears), but have also come out with some beautiful new shades. This one is Bahama, a perfect dark nude, but my all time favourite is Cruella, a crimson red! If you're not a fan of the matte finish, the Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipsticks are amazing. They have a creamy finish with a soft shine, feel super hydrating, and also last (HOW I ASK??). Surprisingly, my favourite shade is Parisian Red, which is an almost orange-toned red.

I'm also into spending money on eyeshadow, because the formulas are typically better and the product lasts you literally forever. Two of these are fairly new, but I really love them. The Burberry Wet & Dry Silk Shadow in Pale Barley has reached cult status and for good reason. It's a warm taupe with some shimmer through it and is one of those dimensional shades that looks like you applied multiple shadows. I'm also loving the shade Chestnut which is darker and warmer! If you've never swatched the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre shadows, you need to immediately. I have the shade New Moon, which is described as a warm brown with gold shimmer, but it's a little more unusual than that. It's definitely unlike anything I own, and the formula is beautiful and long-wearing! I've been a NARS Eye Shadow fan for a long time, and they're really a good deal for the amount of product you get. All of the formulas I've personally tried have been super pigmented and easy to apply. I especially love the duos, they have some gorgeous colour combos and it feels like you're getting a lot of bang for your buck!

I recently picked up the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow compact, which is super duper expensive but also incredible. The powders are really finely milled and silky, and the colours are perfect. The bronzer is not too warm, and the highlighter is quite shiny without being over the top. If you actually break it down, each pan is $34 which isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things. Also this packaging. It comes in a heavy gold compact, but the box it comes in is also beautifully designed. I thought about doing a separate post about skincare, but I've realized that most of my skincare is actually mid-ranged! I do really love the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base, which isn't too expensive, but is the perfect moisturizer for under makeup. It creates a hydrated, plumped up base that isn't greasy and makeup smooooooths on top.

Do you guys like to splurge on high end makeup? What are your faves?
x