Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Makeup Medley No. 5

In lieu of a favourites for March, I thought I'd do another Makeup Medley post talking about the things I've been reaching for the past few weeks! Plus the 9th is a bit late for a favourites post is it not?

I've been going pretty light on the base lately because my acne scars are fiiiiiiinally going away! Hallelujah. So I've mostly been wearing just the Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint! Let me tell you I wish we sold this in my store because my rep page would be blowing up. I get so many questions from customers when I'm wearing this. It really evens out and perfects your skin without looking like your actually wearing anything. To conceal the few acne scars I have left and my sleep-deprived eyes I use the Glossier Stretch Concealer. I've sung the praises of this so many times, but it is SO good. I've actually been forgetting to put undereye concealer on this week (shocking), but it may be down to the magic that is the Milk Makeup Cooling Water. This stuff is so, well, cool. It's a gel stick with firming caffeine and soothing sea water to calm and hydrate puffy looking skin. I was a little skeptical when I picked this up but it works. I'm so psyched to use this in the summer because it feels incredible.

If I want a little extra coverage I either wear the MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation or mix it with Skin Tint. I think that this baby is quickly surpassing my beloved Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation to the top of my favourite foundations list. It's a beautifully lightweight formula with the most gorgeous skin-like finish. It blurs my pores and slightly covers imperfections. It's a solid medium coverage, but if you have something serious to cover up you'll still need to use concealer. I'm usually not a fan of MAC's foundations but this baby really knocked it out of the park. Because the weather is warming up, I've been piling on the bronzer to make up for my lack of tan (it'll never happen), and I pretty much exclusively reach for the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Stonestreet (although I just got the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow Palette. So.).

For my cheeks, the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Moon Beach has been what I reach for. It's just so easy peasy and blendable, and I love the slight shimmer it gives. And I of course still adore my Glossier Cloud Paints. The star of the show is the Nars Multiple in Copacabana. WHY have I never used this before?? I'm actually a little bit annoyed about it. It gives the most beautiful silvery-champagne sheen and the cream-to-powder finish means it feels weightless on the skin. In short, I'm obsessed. And I'm adding more multiples to my wishlist (sorry wallet). I've actually been wearing a little eyeshadow recently (shock, horror!). Mostly sticking to a blended out eyeshadow wing using Bobbi Brown Espresso and Toast from this wee palette. A lot of people have been requesting a tutorial on this so stay tuned! For mascara I've started reaching for the L'Oreal Butterfly Intense Mascara, but only on top of the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara. I know, I know, I'm very extra. But it makes my lashes look like I have lash extensions!! Super lengthened and volumized and separated. It's worth noting that I hate this mascara on its own (sorry).

And that's it! What have you guys been loving lately?
x