Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Top Drawer Edit


I've recently had a bit of a makeup reorganization (it's up on my Instagram story if you want to see today), and I've ended up filling an acrylic drawer with the things I reach for regularly. This way I don't have to rummage around for things when I need to get ready really quickly. Although I still definitely go into the rest of my collection every day, these products are readily available to do a quick and simple look!

Way up in the corner there is the Tony Moly My Sunny Powdery Finish Sun Milk. I've been trying this out for a week, because I thought it would sit really nicely under makeup. I think for every day this is perfect, but you may want something more heavy duty for the beach/pool. If you'll be taking photos I'd suggest something else as this would probably have flashback. The Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint has become my go-to every day base. I switched to the shade Medium and I think it compliments my skin much better. This is so great for everyday because it blends in effortlessly, you can build it up a bit to customize coverage, and it looks just like skin (but WAY better). For any extra coverage I use the Glossier Stretch Concealer in Light because it also blends in and looks like skin, but is legitimately photoshop for your face (especially those tired lil undereyes. Don't forget you can shop glossier.com/reps/amelia if you're interested in these (first time shoppers get 20% off!).

I'm sure you all know that I'm back into blush lately, and these stick formulas have been my favourites (although I think the arrival of the Cloud Paints will take over soon). My beloved Bite Multisitcks may be my favourite discovery of the year (so far). Gelato is easily my favourite, a cool toned pink, but Cocoa and Brioche are also gorg. I bronze/contour with Cocoa, and Brioche is great on the lips and on the cheeks! Highlighters have been mostly in the cream family as well, specifically the Glossier Haloscope in Quartz and the TreStiQue Mini Highlighting Stick in Maldives Luminescent. Both are beautiful champagne colours that are fairly natural and not too icy. I obviously have a million brow products here but the Glossier Boy Brows are easily my favourites (in both Brown and Clear). I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown on an everyday basis, but also sometimes use the Dip Brow. I've also got the Bobbi Natural Brow Shaper in case I'm feeling like extra textured brows. 

I've talked about the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks before, they're super easy and quick but last forever. This shade specifically is Dusty Mauve which is a beautiful lavender-taupey-mauve. The Bobbi Brown Eyelash Curlers are the best I've ever used. I have quite long lashes, but they never seem to stay curled so I love this! I'm trying out the Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes at the moment, but my favourite Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara is always on hand for perfect volume! I've got a few more every day things sitting on my vanity, which you can see on my Instagram!

How do you guys store your makeup? Do you have an every day product section?
x