Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Cream Blush Edit

I love cream blushes, especially the stick variety if you couldn't tell. I think they get this bad rep that they're difficult to use or that they don't last but in recent years formulas have changed. Now they're effortless flushes of colour that bring life back to your face. In short, I'm obsessed.

The MAC Cremeblend Blush in Lady Blush was one of my first introductions to cream blush (and blushes in general) and is a classic. This one is more like traditional cream blushes with a thicker, almost gooey consistency and doesn't set down once applied to the cheeks. It's gorgeous if you like a dewy skin, and the warm neutral pink colour is great for every day. The Bobbi Brown Sheer Colour Cheek Tints are really hard to find, but if you happen across them please pick them up. And buy me some. Specifically the colour Cool Lilac which is the most beautiful pale, cool, lilacy-pink there ever was. The formula of these is kind of unusual because they're like a tinted lip balm, meaning they go on transparent and blend out into a beautifully-sheer flush. I looooooove them. 

I've sung the praises of the Bite Beauty Multisticks multiple (lol) times on the blog, but they're just so good! These little miracles are multi-use eye, lip, and cheek products and are made with natural and food-grade ingredients! They have this strange demi-matte satin formula which means they do not budge. They're alright on the lips and eyes, but not my fave. On the cheeks though, my goodness. The colour is super concentrated if you apply straight from the bullet, but blended with your fingers they look so beautiful. I specifically love the shades Gelato, Cocoa, and Brioche but there's a huge range!

 Not gonna lie, when my manager gave me a Clinique Chubby Stick I was like boooooring. My idiot self didn't know what she was missing. Who knew these were this good?! The formula is super creamy, but goes on like velvet meaning they last alll day. I've got lots and lots of these on my wishlist next. This shade is Plumped Up Peony which is perfect for every day. On the slightly more high end side are the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Sticks, the Chubby Stick's sheerer slightly tackier (as in texture hehe, look at that packaging girl) older sister. These aren't particularly loved in the beauty community, but I think they're really underrated. I've only tried Moon Beach but it gives such a glow to the skin, and I imagine it'll look extra amazing in the summer time. They are expensive, but I got mine in one of the look sets so it was an amazing deal!

I'm sure you all know how much I adore the Glossier Cloud Paints, and I have a post here so I won't go on about them for too long. If you're afraid of cream blush, you must try these. They're the most user friendly blush on the face of the planet. The gel-cream formula glides easily over the skin and blends like a dream. Don't forget to shop through my link glossier.com/reps/amelia for 20% off your first order! And you can use the code 2BLUSH to get two for $30 ;)

What's your favourite blush formula?
x