Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Charlotte Tilbury First Impressions

I've been eyeing Charlotte Tilbury products for a while, and finally decided to bite the bullet. I got the  Quick 'N' Easy Natural Glowing Look in order to try out several different products. This is a really really good deal, you get three full-sized products and two minis for only $75! Considering the Blush and Lipstick would cost you $80 you're saving a lot of money! The idea of this set is to give you a fresh-faced look in five minutes. 

The Wonderglow Face Primer is a soft focusing primer which gives a skin a gorgeous dewy glow. I really love the texture of this, it blends into the skin incredibly easily and makes your skin look super bright. If you have dull or dry skin you will definitely love this! The micro-pearl particles are incredibly fine, so you look dewy but not sparkly. It also has a neutral-beigey undertone, so it's great for all skin tones. You can use this under, over, or mixed into foundation. I haven't tried it as anything other than I primer, but if you'd like me to let me know! I received a sample of the Magic Cream and I'm sad to say that I am absolutely in love. Sad because it costs 100 blimmin dollars. I don't think that I could bring myself to spend that much on a face cream, but if you have the budget it is truly beautiful. Not only does it hydrate and plump the skin, but also contains peptides to fight free-radicals and boost collagen production. Hopefully one day I'll be able to try this again (cries in the corner).

The star of the show is the Matte Revolution Lipstick in Very Victoria. I didn't believe Cindy when she told me that these lipsticks were well worth the price tag. But she was right, they are incredible. They're super comfortable, but stay matte and last allllll day. Very Victoria is a beautiful taupey-nude that is perfect for every day, but can also be amped up with different lip liners. I also love just patting this on for a bit of colour. I'm definitely wanting to get another one of these, and surprisingly Amazing Grace, a rosy coral that's out of my usual lip wardrobe. It was one of the samples I got and I loved it!

I unfortunately wasn't a huge fan of the Legendary Lashes, it went on okay and made my lashes look more voluminous but smudged incredibly quickly. I think this is because it contains Tamanu oil to nourish lashes. But if this causes your mascara to smudge off, there's not much point! I liked the Colour Chamelon in Amber Haze, but wasn't amazed by it. It's a nice cream shadow stick in a very pretty bronzey gold. It looks beautiful when swatched, but on the eyes it's very hard to blend and often the sparkle just blends away. I prefer my Bobbi Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks. Last but not least is the Beach Stick in Moon Beach. These seem to have quite mixed reviews, but I really really love it! Moon Beach is a beautiful shimmery golden peach that looks like a natural flush. I like this because it isn't super duper pigmented, and blends out easily. I don't find that it skips over my foundation or powder, nor does it disrupt the product underneath. Just creates a beautiful natural glow!

I highly recommend ordering directly from the CT Website versus other sites like Nordstrom. On Charlotte's site, every order gets free shipping and free returns (with no min. amount spent, you could literally buy the pencil sharpener and get it shipped for free). This is ground shipping, but I received my order in three days (which is GREAT). You also get two free samples with every order which is awesome to try things out. And, if you order something like a set, they add three more free samples! 

Do you guys have any favourite Charlotte Tilbury products? Let me know, I've already got a wishlist going ;)
x