Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Lip Liner Favourites

Do you guys remember a few years ago when no one touched lip liner? It was like an old lady thing, and I think we were all scarred by the dark liner light lipstick trend from the 90s. But obviously in recent years lip liner has gotten big. I'm not an overdraw your lips kind of person, but I do love them for an added bit of definition or to create a crisp line when wearing a darker lip. I don't really talk about them very often, so I thought I'd get up a post talking about my favourites!

MAC's Lip Pencils have been a long time fave for me. I have a ton in my collection, the formula is pretty perfect. They're quite hard, so it's easy to get a super clean line, but not too hard that they don't go on. I have a lottttt of shades but some of my favourites are Soar, Whirl, Stripdown, and Nightmoth. I'm also big into the Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil which are much pricier, but sort of similar. I probably wouldn't buy these over the MAC unless you find them at a Cosmetics Co Store. I love Beige and Pale Mauve, but my favourite is Red aka the most perfect red liner ever. These are like a velvety finish, so they're actually pretty nice to fill in the whole lip!

On a more regular basis, I really like the Estee Edit The Barest Lip Pencil and I'm bummed the line is being discontinued! It's a super soft texture that makes it really easy to define and then blend out to just add a little something extra to the lip. Does anyone know of any pencils similar? I like the feel of the Rimmel ones, but they're much more pigmented. Good news is, they're only $10 at Sephora right now so if you can find them grab them! The newest addition to my collection is one of the new-ish Bite Lip Pencils. I have the shade 012, which they describe as a plum taupe but I think it turns out much lighter. This is a great every day one for just a bit of definition! The formula of these is super nice, they're softer than the MAC and Bobbi Brown, but not quite as soft as the Estee. They have a pretty huge colour selection so I'm itching to pick some more up (but don't need to buy anything at all).

Are you guys lip liner fans? Which are your favourites?
x