Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Fragrance Favourites

I just want to start off this post by saying that I suck at describing/talking about fragrances. So I'm not really sure why I'm attempting to write this post. But fair warning, alright? I've never really been a perfume person. When I was younger I used one up then bought another and so forth. Then I wore Elizabeth and James Black Nirvana for a few years and it became my scent. Which was really nice, if I changed it up people would be like oh you don't smell like you. I liked having a signature fragrance, but after finishing another bottle of that, I decided to branch out.

I think Bobbi Brown Beach was the first thing I started wearing after that phase. This is a serious love or hate fragrance, but I adore it. It's probably my number one favourite. Their site says it's a blend of sand jasmine, sea spray, and mandarin but it basically smells like the beach (shocker). It's a little sunscreen-y which is where the hate comes from, but I think it smells super fresh and clean and divine. I also adore Bobbi's Almost Bare, which I bought because someone told me it smells like almond. I am 100000% obsessed with my almond scented cleansers and I needed a perfume. Long story short this doesn't smell like almonds at all, but I still love it! It's also super fresh (you'll see a theme here), but freesia florally with a bit of kick from bergamot and amber.

My first 'real' fragrance purchase was the Chanel No. 5 L'Eau. Not gonna lie, it kinda crushed my soul to pay for the tiny bottle. I'm not sure how people spend hundreds on fragrance. Anyway, my grandmother has no sense of smell anymore, so has always worn the original Chanel No. 5 because she knows it smells good. So it's a scent I've grown up with and associate with her. It is pretty strong, and while I love it not an everyday fragrance for me. The more modern L'Eau is reminiscent of the original, but much fresher. It has tons of notes, so I'm just going to list them out for you straight from the Sephora site (lol): top notes of lemon, mandarin, and orange, heart notes of rose, jasmine, and ylang ylang, more modern than ever. And then base notes of cedar, and soft and cottony musk notes. Basically it's my heaven and I'd love to spray it everywhere always. But I try to conserve it at least a little.

When I went to New York earlier in the year on my Glossier trip, my babe Miran gave me this lil Byredo Gypsy Water sample and I fell in love. I know it's the basic Byredo scent but it is for a reason. It has top notes of bergamot, lemon, pepper, and juniper berries, heart notes of incense, pine needles, and orris,  and base notes of amber, vanilla, and sandalwood. I love peppery scents (like EJ Black Nirvana), but the combination of lemon and juniper berries makes it feel really light and airy. This one is in the books for purchase, but I think Lou Lou has convinced me to try Mojave Ghost first, or maybe Black Saffron (if only I could afford all three!). My most recent fragrance purchase is the beautiful Blackberry & Bay from Jo Malone, which I bought at their flagship store in London! Another basic-girl fragrance, but I freakin' love this one. The blackberry comes through pretty strong, with a hint of citrus, and smells fresh but not too fruity. I will say that I go nose-blind to this one really quickly which makes me want to cry, so I probably won't buy the full size (maybe a candle?).

What are your favourite fragrances?
x