Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Dynamic Duos

I've realized lately that when doing my makeup I tend to reach for little coupled-up product duos. It's not that I don't use these things separately, it's just that they're better together.

This post has been on the to-do list for a while, but tbh I was waiting for Glossier to two their buy-two-save-$6 Cloud Paint deal again. And wa-la! Ask and you shall receive, the deal is back! And this time you don't even need to use a code, just go here, add two cloud paints of choice to your cart, and they'll be on their way to you! Plus free shipping! What a win! Too many exclamation points in a row! Okay. But really, Beam and Dusk... you gotta have them. Cloud Paints in general are basically like watercolour for your face. They blend effortlessly, are sheer enough to not look like makeup, but make you look super healthy. Beam is my all time favourite, it's a coral-orange that really warms up the skin. Dusk is beautiful on the cheeks or as a bronzer, it's a gorgeous almost pinky brown. These two together scream healthy summer skin and I haven't put them down! They're also incredible mixed together, in fact any of the Cloud Paints mixed together are amazing so you should probably get them all.

I realize these are mostly cheek products, so let's just continue with that theme. I picked up the Topshop Glow while I was in England expecting to adore it, but I was a little meh. Two years ago, I would've loved it, but it just seems a little too icy not enough glowy. However, if combined with the MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush, we're talking maximum glossy glowy goodness. Sometimes Hush can be a tiny bit too warm on my pale skin, so the two together are super dreamy. Speaking of glowy goodness, I couldn't leave the dream team out of this post. I've loved the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow Palette from afar the past few years, but I thought it couldn't possibly be worth all the money. I bought it back at the start of the summer and I have never been more wrong. It is heavenly. The powder is the the finest I've ever felt in a bronzer, and the highlight is soooo smooth it looks like a cream on the skin. I honestly don't think I'll ever be without this, but I do kind of wish they sold refills because I think I'll run out of the bronzer first. I've never in my life found such a perfect bronzer. This sounds kind of crazy, but it's kind of sheer? Like you can see my freckles and my skin through it, but it makes your skin look beautifully bronzed. True love honestly.

We all know how much I adore the Glossier Stretch Concealer, it's probably the product I would choose to use if I had to one use one thing. It's the bomb. But sometimes I just need a lil something extra. I do like the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer, it can just look a bit dry and the colour is somehow a bit light for me. So usually I'll put some of the NARS down first to cover up really pesky blemishes, and then layer Glossier's on top to even out and make the concealer look more skin-like. Last but not least on my dynamic duos list is the Glossier Boy Brow and Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil. I do switch my brow pencil up quite a lot (but I love the Benefit), but I'm in a steady relationship with Boy Brow. I have kind of sparse brows, so I like to fill them in with pencil first and then reaaaally fluff them up. I feel like not keeping them really straight and precise tricks people into thinking they're my natural brows, which I will never complain about.

Do you guys have any products you like to use together?
x