Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Travel Skincare Edit

Hi. I'm currently on a plane en route to England. What an appropriate time to tell you about the skin/haircare bits and bobs I've brought on my trip! I know this isn't really an edit as much as a "I'm literally brining everything" post, but I'm nothing if not extra.

I had tons of extra room in my suitcase so I decided to bring whatever I wanted even if it wasn't entirely necessary and I think I ended up doing alright (lol okay). I brought the entire Jordan Samuel Skin collection, because it has been working wonders for me. The Etoile Face Oil is a literal lifesaver.  It's incredibly hydrating and nourishing, perfect for slathering on after a long plane ride. I've also been using it in the morning before makeup if my skin is particularly dry. I'm planning on switching this out every other night with the Etoile Oil with Retinol as a gentle treatment. I'm also bringing the Hydrate Serum because it's full of aloe and cucumber to soother irritated skin. I think I'm going to use the Plie Cleanser as my first cleanse. The gel to oil formula feels really luxurious and removes makeup really easily. It doesn't leave my skin feeling suuuuper clean though, more just nourished so I obviously have to bring my Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser. I can't go a day without it. If I could only bring a carry-on, I'd depot some. It's the love of my life.

I gotta bring my other Glossier staples, the Priming Moisturizer Rich for night, Priming Moisturizer for day, Balm dot Com for literally everything (I think I brought three oops), and Super Pure for pesky redness and blemishes. You cannot forget sunscreen, especially when traveling as you're most likely outside all day. I had to choose my Glossier Invisible Shield, it's the easiest to use, leaves no white cast, and wears well under makeup. In addition to Priming Moisturizer, I also brought the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base in case I wanted to switch up the under-makeup moisturizer. I do love both of these pretty much equally, but BB is a little more rich. I also had to (obviously) bring my Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow for super even, super glowy holiday skin. I rarely go a day without this and picked up a full size while in the uk!

I of course brought my Pixi Glow Tonic (can't go without it), in both the liquid and glow pads (fyi if you shop this link you can get $5 off!). I also ended up bringing the Kate Somerville ExfoliKate as a treatment/mask. I really love this stuff, but honestly can't imagine spending that much money on it, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for something similar. For a real boost of hydration I brought this tiny mini Estee Lauder Micro Essence. This feels like water going on, but it really makes a difference in hydration as well as how plump my skin looks/feels. Speaking of hydration, I made sure to keep this lil Nivea Creme in my bag at all times. I think this tin costs something like 98 cents, but it packs a serious punch. My skin (especially on my hands) gets really really dry when I travel and this rich cream tends to solve all problems. I received the Maya Water Facial Mist right before I left and decided to bring it with to test out! I've only used it once so far, but I love how fine the mist is.

For hair I brought the Ouai Wave Spray and R+Co Dry Shampoo Paste. I don't know if my recently chopped off hair will get along with these, but we shall see. Praying for good hair days, as I have absolutely no idea how to style this mess. Last but very not least, I have to bring my Ritual vitamins. I'm pretty good about remembering to take these, although I'm sure my vacay brain will forget. It's the thought that counts right?

Bon Voyage!
x

*edit* In hindsight I needn't have bothered bringing 95% of these things. I basically only used Milky Jelly, Etoile Oil, Glow Tonic, and that's about it. But my skin looks absolutely fab so I'm just gonna continue with that routine.