Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

An Updated Highlighter Edit

I've realized lately that my makeup style has changed a lot (more on that later in the week). I am SO into dewy almost glossy skin, and so my go-to products have changed as well. I've always been one for an intense highlighter, but nowadays I want my entire face to glow. And since it's summer I totally feel like I can get away with looking a lil sweaty. But like in a chic way. Speaking of chic, this post is in collaboration with Sarah from Sarah Loves Makeup! I've been following Sarah forever, and she actually introduced me to Glossier several years back, so you have her to blame for me never shutting up. Make sure you check out her picks over on her blog & Instagram.
We all know that the Glossier Haloscopes are the ideal for that 'sweaty-sheen'. The solid-oil core in the middle makes your skin look super healthy and glowy. I've recently adopted the Kim Johnson (aka earth angel) method which includes wearing all three at once. We're talking Moonstone, Topaz, and Quartz. All over. I usually only wear Topaz on my eyes, and Moonstone very rarely (it's pretty icy) so I felt a little crazy but looked SO FAB. So Moonstone goes on the brow bone and bridge of the nose, this makes you look a lil glossy without looking like you put highlighter all over your nose. Quartz obviously all over the cheekbones, it's the perfect champagne and reflects light beautifully. I also use this on my temples for an extra glow. Then what I think may be the most magical step. Using Topaz as a bronzer/sunglasses tan. I would never in a million years think to use something so dewy/shiny for a bronzer, but I don't think my skin has ever looked healthier. I take this right under Quartz, so on my cheeks not in the hollows, and then connect it to my nose for that sunglasses tan look.

Sarah and I have both been loving the Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick in Moon Beach lately. It gives you a gorgeous peachy golden blush and is basically the perfect summer blush. If I'm feeling the glow without the dew, especially for long work days, I usually reach for the NARS Copacabana Multiple or the treStiQue Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent. Both are super long wearing and give you a beautiful sheen to the skin that kind of mimics looking glossy. If I really want to go for the Haloscope look, but need it to last, I'll dust it with a bit of the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow Palette. This formula is super buttery and creamy, but the shade is slightly more golden. It's not quite as intense as others I own, but provides the most natural looking lit-from-within glow. Obsessed. Last but not least is probably my new favourite product ever. The NOTO Botanics Hydra Highlight. I have several of these, and for a while I forgot how incredible it is. I find it works best for me on no-foundation or minimal makeup days because it really makes your skin glow. I'm talking I just came from the best facial of my life and I'm definitely not wearing highlighter glow.

What are your favourite summer highlighters? Anything I need to pick up?
x