Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Cream Eyeshadow Edit

I've become a cream eyeshadow person. If you'd told me that a few years ago, I probably would have laughed at you because I kind of hated them. But nowadays I'm 10000% into more minimal makeup and I usually can't be bothered with more than one shadow colour. Cream shadows just make it a million times easier. So these are my favourite ones!

I'm sure if you follow me on Instagram, you know I'm a wee tiny bit obsessed with Chanel at the moment. It's actually a problem. But their products have been calling to me! I fell in love with the Illusion D’Ombre Long Wear Luminous Shadow in New Moon a few months ago. It's a beaaaautiful mix of burgundy and bronze and gold that looks stunning on the lids. The shimmer in it almost leans lilacy, it's really unusual. This formula is a bit more sheer with intense shimmer, but can be built up! I only got the Ombre Premiere Long Wear Cream Shadow in Undertone a few days ago but I really really like the formula! Undertone is a lighter warm-brown with an almost white gold finish. They're super soft and incredibly lightweight, and blend like a dream. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on these so far and I'm honestly shocked, I love it. I like especially that I can sheer it out really easily, or build it up. But, it does set and then it doesn't budge!

The elf Smudge Pots are similar in their creaminess, but they're almost a bit slippery (?) and more gel-like compared to the Chanel. This shade, Cruisin' Chic, has been a favourite of mine for a long time. It's a beautiful taupe that leans a bit warm. Despite the really light texture they last all day on me without creasing! Last on the lightweight side of the cream shadow world is this Burberry Eye Colour Cream in Gold Copper. I've never heard anyone talk about these, but when I found one at a bare + Beauty outlet I snatched it up. This is another icy gold that I'm sort of obsessed with at the moment. It's much more of a sheer wash of colour, but sets down and doesn't move. Definitely looking into more shades.

The MAC Paint Pots are much more dense, but the formula is quite easy to blend (especially in the more shimmery shades) and highly pigmented. They're excellent as eyeshadow bases, I specifically love Soft Ochre, or on their own! I personally find that they feel slightly heavier on the lids upon first application, so I typically press them in with my fingers so that they're blended out. The Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Sticks are the loves of my life. They go on quite creamy, but once they set down they are done. They literally will not move. Some are a bit sheer, but most are very pigmented and transfer that way on the lid. I have a couple of the satin-matte shades, but the shimmers are my favourite! I love Goldstone, Sunlight Gold, and Dusty Mauve the most.

Do you guys like cream shadows? What are your favourite formulas?
x