Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Bright Lips For Summer

I'm not exactly the kind of person to branch out when it comes to choosing lip colours. In fact, I'm downright boring. I generally stick to nudes or dark reds and it rarely goes past that. But for some reason, this year I've been finding myself reaching for much more fun colours. Mostly sticking in the hot-pink-raspberry or red-orange category, but it's still branching out (right?).

The Glossier Gen G Lipsticks are awesome if you want to dip your toe into some bright shades this summer. Zip, a poppy red, and Crush, a bright raspberry pink, have quickly become favourites. They're quite sheer, and super easy, but can also be built up to a more pigmented lip. If I'm really feeling like adding a punch, Bobbi Brown's Art Stick in Sunset Orange is pretty incredible. The pencil formula makes it really easy to apply and the formula is creamy but still matte. I never thought you'd catch me dead in an orange, but this bright reddish orange just looks so chic. Especially when worn with only mascara and a nice even base. Très Parisienne.

Speaking of Parisian, I'm also a wee bit obsessed with the Bobbi Brown Luxe Lipstick in Parisian Red. These are a super rich, super creamy formula. Usually I'd be weary of such a bright colour in anything other than a matte, but this wears so so well! It's definitely more on the red side of the spectrum, with a hint of orange to keep it interesting. Last but not least in the line-up is the beautiful Rose Pop from Clinque. I immediately went and bought this after seeing Sam from Pixiwoo talking about this in a video a while back. Okay it obviously doesn't look as good on me as it does on her, but the bright raspberry pink is truly gorgeous (even if it makes my teeth look a tiiiiiny bit yellow ew). It's incredibly pigmented and again the matte formula is comfortable but wears really well.
Obviously I had to get that low saturation image in there because aesthetic, but here's what they actually look like! Do you guys bring in the fun colours for summer?
x