Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Four Products for a Flawless Base

Usually I switch up my base routine daily, which considering the number of foundations I own is probably a good thing. But recently I've settled into a routine that's had my skin looking pretty perfect (if I do say so myself). So much so that customers at work have been asking me what I'm wearing on my skin and I have to whisper that we don't carry it in our store but here's where you can get it (lol sorry to my manager). Anyway, here are the four products and why I love them!

I'm a sunscreen person. Always have been, always will be. But it's so hard to find a sunscreen that doesn't mess with your makeup. Enter Glossier's Invisible Shield. I have a whole post on this here so I won't go on for too long. But basically it sinks right into your skin and is totally clear making it the perfect under-foundation product. in love (obviously). Don't forget to shop my link here or click the G in my menu bar to order (and get $ off your first order!). Onto the new queen of bases which has very very quickly made it to the top of my list. The Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Finish Foundation is definitely a mouthful but it's totally worth it. If you've been on the hunt for a skin-like foundation that makes your skin look even and beautiful you can just stop it here. It has a medium coverage and a quite liquid consistency that blends in perfectly. I wouldn't knock it upon first application, because once it sets down to its satin-y finish that is when you'll notice the magic. It really truly just looks like a second layer of beautiful healthy skin.
Because the foundation is a medium coverage, I use a little somethin' somethin' extra to over up my bit of acne scarring. That little extra is the NARS Soft Matte Complete Concealer. This little magic pot has a satin-matte finish that completely conceals my blemishes without looking dry at all. Thanks to hyaluronic acid and peptides that keeps skin looking plump, genius. That satiny finish is also somehow blurring? Don't ask me how but it makes my forehead and chin look photoshopped. Honestly considering buying another to use as a foundation (lol). If you're looking for something matte matte this isn't it, but I adore it. Speaking of adore, I'm so so happy I splurged on the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Palette because it is GORGEOUS. It adds the perfect bronzy sun kissed radiance to the skin in a smooth formula that is undetectable on the skin. I'm a fan of letting my freckles show through, but sometimes bronzer can make them look nonexistent. This one however somehow lets you skin show which is some kind of miracle (right?).

So those are my four favourite base products at the moment! Do you guys have any new foundation loves? As if I ever need another one. I'm also thinking about doing a post/video on my favourite high-end foundations so let me know if you're interested!
x