Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

The Lazy Girl Red Lip Edit

This month (in case you haven't noticed) I've been super lazy with my makeup. Part of this is because I've gone back to staying up all night working on projects and waking up early for class. Anywho, even though I've been lazy, every now and again I've had to actually look put together. On these days I generally use this go-to lazy girl red lip so I thought I'd walk you through the products I've been using.

When wearing a red lip, you generally want pretty perfected skin because a bold lip draws quite a bit of attention to your face. I've been using the Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer recently and I am obsessed. It's a pretty full coverage base that makes your skin look like PERFECT skin, but feels super lightweight. It's got a weird giant doe-foot applicator that makes it super easy to spot concealer (although not super hygienic). It's great for lazy days when you 'need' to wear makeup, because it doubles up as concealer and stays put all day! I set it with a bit of the Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Pressed Powder in my t-zone and I'm good to go. I highlight/contour/bronze as usual with my Inglot P395, Inglot Matte 360, and elf Bronzer Palette respectively.

For eyes, I've actually been wearing eye liner (shocker)! I'm digging the Parisian look, and I think I've quite gotten the hand of a cat eye. I've been using this L'Oreal Infallible Super Slim Eyeliner, which is pretty good (I'd be lying if I said I'd liked it as much as KVD Trooper). It's definitely not the blackest liquid liner, and if you have quite oily lids you might not like it, but there's something about it that makes it hard to mess up. My mascara weapon of choice when I'm in a rush is the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara because it's both lengthening and volumizing and requires minimal effort. Brows as usual are the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown and the Glossier Boy Brow. These two help give my brows some life but still look natural.

The NARS Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella is the matte red lip of your dreams. I absolutely adore it, if the tiny nub I have left isn't indication enough. It's a gorgeous blue-based red that's quite bright but leans a little bit burgundy. The pencil makes it super easy to apply, and I'll usually clean up the edges with a liner after (if I can be bothered). It also lasts literally ALL DAY. It doesn’t feel uncomfortable or dry, but still looks super duper matte on the lips. You know some matte lipsticks are still a little slippy? Not this. It’s like your lips have just temporarily changed colours. I love.

What's your go to look when you need to be put-together but aren't in the mood?
x