Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Skincare Favourites

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you probably know that I'm a skincare addict. I have a drawer quite literally overflowing, but I also have a few products that I reach for more regularly so these are my favourites! Most of these I already have individual posts on, so I'll also include links to those if you'd like more in-depth information (I tend to get a bit carried away).

We all know I'm a major fan of Glossier, especially the Supers (post here). These are three super concentrated serums designed to act like supplements for your face. Glow for dull skin, Pure for stressed red skin, and Bounce for dehydrated skin. These allow you to change your routine based on the needs of your skin. I pretty much use Pure every night, but I'll switch out Glow and Bounce depending on whether my skin is dry or not. I recently got the Milky Jelly Cleanser and was debating whether or not I should put it in this post. But, after deciding it's the best cleanser I have ever used I had to include it. It's a creamy gel cleanser that Emily says is the thicker equivalent of a micellar water. It's cleansing solvent is the same thing you'd find in contact solution, so it's extremely gentle on your eyes. This baby somehow removes all of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling super clean and conditioned. Absolute love.
The NARS Cleansing Oil has apparently been discontinued and this makes me want to cry. I think it's been replaced by some kind of micellar water, but I use this almost like a massage oil so leave your cleansing oil faves in the comments for me! I use this around twice a week and massage it into my skin for several minutes to get a deep clean. This does work wonderfully to remove makeup, but I generally use it after the Milky Jelly Cleanser and there's nothing to remove! I bounce around between moisturizers a bit, but I always always come back to the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream (talked about this in my Five Fab Moisturizers post). It's a fairly rich cream, but sinks into the skin quickly and leaves my skin feeling super hydrated. It also contains humectants that help pull water out of the air, keeping you moisturized all day! I do, however, generally use this one at night.

During the day if I use something other than Super Bounce, I'll use the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. I also talked about this one in the Five Fab Moisturizers post. It's specifically designed to be worn under makeup, and does a magical job at making your foundation look smooth and pristine. I love using this in the winter as it keeps my makeup from clinging to dry patches. I'm all about eye creams at the minute, and I think my holy grail has to be the Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair Cream (post here). This stuff is seriously heavy duty, incredibly rich and full of humectants, peptides, and natural plant oils. It's really super rich, so I stick to using this at night. I used to have those weird little bumps around my eyes, and this is the only thing that has made them go away!
I have a tonnnne of other products that I like to use (ie face masks), but these are the products I use on a really regular basis! What are your favourite skincare products?
x