Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Meet Amelia

If you know me, you know I'm an Into the Gloss addict (who isn't?). I check the website far too many times a day. Slightly embarrassing facts aside, I LOVE reading their "Meet the Team" posts. They're really fun and it's cool to know more about the writers I love and the rest of the team who aren't often featured. I realized I've never really introduced myself to you guys, or told you about my interests outside of makeup so I'm ripping off their idea today. In actuality, the photographs for my post today turned out to be an absolute fail so I'm diverting you from that issue. Onwards!

Where are you from?
I'm originally from Norfolk in England. Specifically Dersingham, but we moved around quite a lot. I currently live in the southeast of the US which is vastly different. I've been here for 14 years and am very ready to get out of this humidity!

Which emoji represents you?
Easily the lil' guy with the glasses. That's what I look like 99% of the time. Also if there was an emoji that was falling over it'd be more accurate. I'd love to say I'm extraordinarily graceful, but in fact I have extreme vertigo and fall all over the place.

Current favourite song?
I listen to various versions of Clair de Lune when walking to class, but my favourite normal-person song right now is Third Eye Blind "How's It Going to Be." It comes on my playlists alllll the time and I love it. I suppose this isn't really a "normal-person" choice considering it's almost as old as me, but I love late 90's stuff.

Which five products can you not live without?
I literally have no idea how people answer this question but if I HAD to answer I'd say Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara, Glossier Balm Dot Com, and Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser.

What are you currently inspired by?
Blog wise, I'm super into Paula from Thirteen Thoughts at the moment. Her photography is gorgeous and her posts are really informative. Life wise, Emily Weiss is my role model of the moment. Her work ethic is absolutely insane.

Favourite book?
I could never say anything other than the Harry Potter series. My dad started reading them to us at bedtime when I was like four, so I've really grown up with them. And I've re-read them an alarming number of times. I'm also a big fan of Madeleine L'Engle and 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.'

What are you studying in school?
I'm getting a Bachelor of Fine Arts with my concentration being Graphic Design. Ideally I'd get a degree in working for Vogue or ITG, but alas that's not a thing yet. I enjoy graphic design, but I definitely don't want to work for an ad agency like most of my classmates do. I'd LOVE to work in product development for cosmetics or skincare. I'm super interested in the science behind makeup, but I don't think I'm quite smart enough to get through a biochem degree (lol) so we'll see if design thinking can be a tool here!

First thing you do in the morning?
Hit the snooze button on my alarm 5 million times, then look at Instagram, delete my spam emails, then rush to get ready in 5 minutes even though I gave myself an hour.

I'd love if everyone would answer these questions in the comments! Or tell me a bit about yourself, I see the same commenters all the time and that makes me happy, but I wanna know you! Also, to my bloggy friends, do something similar if you haven't already!
x