Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

Best in Bases: Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet

It's no secret that I'm a little bit obsessed with foundations, I can't seem to stop buying them. But there are several that I always come back to, so I thought I'd do a little 'Best in Bases' series talking about my favourites!

First up in the Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet, an oldie but a goodie. Chanel describes it as a lightweight, oil-free fluid foundation that provides a long-lasting matte-velvet finish. It's a gorgeous lightweight foundation with medium coverage. It's sort of like one of those "dry oil" foundations, but much easier to blend into the skin. It's definitely a minimal-effort base, and one that I reach for on days that my skin looks quite bad but I'm being lazy. The medium coverage evens out my skin without looking heavy, but you'll need an extra concealer to cover blemishes, etc.

The matte-velvet finish is somehow both mattifying while still looking quite radiant (magic?). It has no discernible shimmer in it, so I'm not quite sure how they've made a matte(ish) foundation look so skin-like. As far as the texture goes, it's reaaaaally thin, almost watery. I use it with both a beautyblender and the Sigma f84 Kabuki, and I don't think I really have a preference. It's no fuss either way! That velvety finish is thanks to a powder content, so if you have dry skin definitely moisturize properly otherwise it'll cling to dry patches. If you have oilier skin, I would set it with a powder. With my combo skin, I generally just set my t-zone. The only thing I don't loooove about this  one is that there aren't any yellow-toned light shades. Although this is the case with all Chanel foundations as far as I've seen, they're quite pink.

I generally prefer my luxury foundations to have fancier packaging (bang for your buck, eh?), but I do love this lil' black rectangle so I'll let it slide. Also, how gorg are these tiles?? Shoutout to the tiling section at Lowe's! What are your favourite bases?
x