Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

MAC Look in a Box: Natural Flare

Years ago MAC used to do Look in a Boxes quite often, and I was kind of obsessed with them. I wasn't really old enough to buy proper makeup then (MAC seemed very high end to me, lol), but I would follow the collections. One year they did a collection you could only buy at airports and begged my grandparents to pick it up for me. In recent years they've done away with the full-sized product boxes in favour of palettes, which aren't my favourite. Recently, they came out with a series of full-sized boxes again and when we got them in at the CCS I snatched this one up!
This is the MAC Look in a Box in Natural Flare, obviously the most neutral of the collection. It contains six products and a brush for only $56 which is INSANE, even more insane is that at the CCS they're only $45 (and it's a $145 value). This set comes with two shadows; All That Glitters, MAC's uber popular warm frosty champagne, and Raw Cocoa, a light taupey brown. There must be an error on the MAC site because it says Peachtwist blush, but the set actually comes with Coppertone (and Coppertone is on the swatch image as well). Anywho, Coppertone is a peachy-orangey brown. I don't typically wear blush, but this one is a nice neutral. There's not mention of this on the website, but it is smaller than a normal MAC blush.

The lipstick is Hug Me, is a warm pink in a lustre finish, and a perfect every day colour. The lustre finishes aren't super high in pigment, but I don't mind with these colours because it means they fade easily. The set also includes the super popular Spice lipglass. It's a gorgeous medium rosy brown and has a pretty full coverage. I'm not a lipgloss person, but this colour is so beautiful I may just have to start wearing it! The Technakohl in Graphblack is a super dark black liner in a roll-up cream formula (my fave). This formula applies really creamy but then sets down and doesn't budge! Last but not least, a wee baby 116 brush, which is a very nicely shaped blush brush!

Have you guys ever bought any "Look in a Box"'s? I think they're perfect introductory sets or awesome for gifts! I'm definitely glad they brought the full-size products back, so much bang for your buck!
x