Search

Powered by Blogger.

instagram

Profile Photo

Profile Photo
Amelia

Profile Text

Hi, I'm Amelia! I'm a full time student and beauty blogger living and working in the Southeast United States. I'm originally from England and hoping to move back to the UK soon. I'm an absolute beauty junkie (not helped by the fact that I work at a Cosmetics Company Store) and Harry Potter fanatic. If you want to get to know me better, you can read this post.

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless

 This is another one of those things I accidentally splurged on in New York. $50 for a foundation is kind of a lot, especially when I have a million. But it was a moment of weakness. I picked up the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in the shade Gobi. I have a complete love hate relationship. It can look beautiful but you kind of have to be really careful with it, which is not what I want in an expensive foundation. First of all, it WILL cling to even the slightest dry patches. So, if you have dry skin you better moisturize the heck out of your skin. Also, if you have oily skin, this will 100% break up and look gross after a few hours. You pretty much have to have normal skin or a wonderful primer. Speaking of primers, that's another issue. It seems to work okay with my Too Faced Hangover Rx and the Nivea Mens Aftershave Balm, but it did not like the Make Up For Ever Mattifying Primer. I'm so frustrated because if you apply it right (I use a beautyblender) it looks absolutely beautiful. I took this selfie on my phone (lol) and I kid you not I didn't do anything but edit the lighting. It looks amazing on camera. But in real life it just doesn't last. Maybe in the winter it'll work a little better because it won't be so hot outside. I really, really wanted to love this but I just don't think it's worth the money. I will say that it does work nicely when I mix it with the Chanel Perfection Lumiere (because that one is slightly too pink for me), but you can definitely find better foundations out there. I'm sort of debating returning it, eek!
I hate doing reviews when I don't like the products, but I figured I should let you guys know how I feel about it! Have you tried this yet? What do you think?
x